Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

How can you close all of the branches but not move all services online?

[ Edited ]
Posted by areid areid
Message 1 of 2 769 Views

I have tried to do 2 things in the last few days which require a branch visit.

• The first is to add my spouse's name to my account. This requires a branch visit
  • The second is to have a bank cheque issued (far exceeds daily online transfer limits).

I have discovered there is a single remaining branch in Brisbane. It is in the CBD, making it inconvenient and expensive to visit. And I am guessing there will be quite a wait given they are servicing an entire city of people.

How can Bankwest close branches while maintaining some services which require in-person service? It is incredibly poor customer service. You are effectively stranding people without adequate options.

I much prefer online banking as quick and efficient. But, given some aspects still require branch visits, and despite being with BW for quite a few years, and being otherwise satisfied, this honestly leaves me with no choice but to change banks.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Re: How can you close all of the branches but not move all services online?

Posted by mayhewga mayhewga
Message 2 of 2 640 Views

Indeed, I have to second your post as I too had to travel into Brisbane to draw bank cheque. 

Making Bankwest almost online but with some exceptions, is a bit like a government deciding to change all vehicles over to left hand drive, with the exception of trucks.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.