Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

How can I access my internet banking? I'm overseas

[ Edited ]
Posted by Hans89 Hans89
Message 1 of 2 885 Views

Hello,

First thing first, I was an international student studying at Curtin Bentley in 2007 and during my stay there I have changed several address and phone numbers without notifying the bank (because at the time I thought that was such a hassle to do and not really important)

The problem is, when I leave for Indonesia for good, I didnt really think about my money deposited there until I realised it several years back and then trying to access it through the internet banking.

However, due to several years have been passed since my last time I logged in, I have totally forgotten about the code and got blocked. Trying to call the rep from overseas and what they did was telling me to come to Australia (which is not really possible)

Now the question is,

How can I make bankwest to reset my online access password without the need to call them? Because I tried to call them few times several years back and what they could tell me was to come to Aussie because I mentioned my address wrong (mind you that I moved to about 7 addresses).

I have got my card right here with me and there is never any order to block the account right? So why not make things easier for me and tell me what info I should provide to get things through.

Sorry for long post and best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: How can I access my internet banking?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 878 Views

Hi @Hans89, for security reasons we do need to speak with you over the phone to reset your online banking secure code. We would also need to identify you over the phone to assist with this.

You can call us from overseas on +61 8 9486 4130. This is a reverse charges number. To use this number from outside Australia please contact the international operator in the country you are in and request to be put through to +61 8 9486 4130. Please note: we have no control over any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.