Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Fraudulent transaction overseas

[ Edited ]
Posted by 15001344 15001344
Message 1 of 2 409 Views

Hi, I am volunteering overseas and recently went to Thailand to do a visa run and have a few days break. While there i used my card to make a transaction and was contacted by Bankwest to say my card had been blocked due to fraudulent activity. Looking at the transactions bankwest had sighted the transactions were obviously fraudulent and the action taken by the bank to stop the transactions was very appropriate. However the next day i needed to use my card to access money and unlocked the card to access an ATM and then, two days after some of the fraudulent transactions had originally been blocked they were processed and money left my account. At this point I was not even in Thailand. Is there any means of recourse or recovery of these transactions? 

0 Kudos

Re: Fraudulent transaction overseas

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 398 Views

Hey @15001344 I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. We can definitely help with this. 

To dispute the transactions, please complete the Transaction Dispute Form 

Once completed and signed by hand, this can be attached to a 'BankMail' through the 'Message centre' of your online banking for processing. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.