Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Frequent Contributor

Feature request: Bulk eStatement download

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 1 of 4 544 Views

This should be a simple one to add, but rather than viewing all my statements for a period - one by one - I'd love to be able to download them in bulk.

This would significantly reduce the level of effort required to read statements for customers with lots of accounts, and easier to keep copies for archival purposes without clicking on every link for each account.

Ideal execution:

1) eStatements page includes a new download statements link (both at top level page, and on the statements by account view)

2) Customers can select the following options

a. Which account (Dropdown box allowing either Specific account, a selection of multiple accounts, or all accounts).

a1. If the customer has clicked the download link from a specific account, default the Which account dropdown value to the account they arrived at the page from (i.e. If viewing the statements for account 306123 1234567, and I click the download link, default the Which account dropdown value to 306123 1234567).

b. Download period (Dropdown box allowing only a single option, with choices of All Unread statements, Previous month, Current Calendar Year to date, Current Financial Year to date, Previous Calendar Year, Previous Financial Year, or All Time)

3) Customer presses submit.

4) Scripts generate and package into a single ZIP file.

5) Link is displayed for customer to click and download OR download starts automatically

a. If eStatement package is large (i.e. more than 12 statements), customer is informed download will be available shortly, and to check Bankmail for a link when their download is ready.

6) When any unread statements are downloaded through the Bulk method, change statement status from unread to read, to clear notifications.

Only shortcoming is that the Bankmail method would make it inaccessible for BOB Mobile app customers, and they would need to log into BOB desktop to grab the download link.

Additional consideration would need to be given to how the contents of the download package is structured. For example.

1) Folder structure: Should they be saved in folders created by account, then by year; or by year then account? Is this a choice that could or should be given to the customer? Should the account folder name be the account name, include the BSB, or use the customised name given by the customer to that account?

2) File names: Should they be named in a sortable date order, i.e. month the statement was issued in (YYYMM); just by statement number, or the date range coverhead by the statement, i.e. YYYYMMDD-YYYYMMDD? Should the file name also include account details? Should the customer have control over the file naming options?

0 Kudos
Junior Contributor

Re: Feature request: Bulk eStatement download

Posted by Enigmaraff Enigmaraff
Message 2 of 4 531 Views
Great idea @thewinchester I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 4 417 Views

Paging @PeteW and @LyndsC... it seems this thread was lost in a sea of other posts, and you may have missed this idea for passing onto the relevant team. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 390 Views

Thanks @thewinchester, not sure what happened here, but I have made sure this is now passed on to the correct team. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.