25-08-2016 05:42 PM - edited 25-08-2016 06:32 PM
This should be a simple one to add, but rather than viewing all my statements for a period - one by one - I'd love to be able to download them in bulk.
This would significantly reduce the level of effort required to read statements for customers with lots of accounts, and easier to keep copies for archival purposes without clicking on every link for each account.
1) eStatements page includes a new download statements link (both at top level page, and on the statements by account view)
2) Customers can select the following options
a. Which account (Dropdown box allowing either Specific account, a selection of multiple accounts, or all accounts).
a1. If the customer has clicked the download link from a specific account, default the Which account dropdown value to the account they arrived at the page from (i.e. If viewing the statements for account 306123 1234567, and I click the download link, default the Which account dropdown value to 306123 1234567).
b. Download period (Dropdown box allowing only a single option, with choices of All Unread statements, Previous month, Current Calendar Year to date, Current Financial Year to date, Previous Calendar Year, Previous Financial Year, or All Time)
3) Customer presses submit.
4) Scripts generate and package into a single ZIP file.
5) Link is displayed for customer to click and download OR download starts automatically
a. If eStatement package is large (i.e. more than 12 statements), customer is informed download will be available shortly, and to check Bankmail for a link when their download is ready.
6) When any unread statements are downloaded through the Bulk method, change statement status from unread to read, to clear notifications.
Only shortcoming is that the Bankmail method would make it inaccessible for BOB Mobile app customers, and they would need to log into BOB desktop to grab the download link.
Additional consideration would need to be given to how the contents of the download package is structured. For example.
1) Folder structure: Should they be saved in folders created by account, then by year; or by year then account? Is this a choice that could or should be given to the customer? Should the account folder name be the account name, include the BSB, or use the customised name given by the customer to that account?
2) File names: Should they be named in a sortable date order, i.e. month the statement was issued in (YYYMM); just by statement number, or the date range coverhead by the statement, i.e. YYYYMMDD-YYYYMMDD? Should the file name also include account details? Should the customer have control over the file naming options?
on 04-11-2016 05:23 PM
on 07-11-2016 12:09 PM
on 22-02-2018 10:15 PM
Could the estatements have a better filename when downloading? Something like:
on 22-02-2018 11:41 AM
on 10-11-2018 09:18 PM
I'm about +1000 on this.
I really badly want the ability to bulk-download statements by date range, sensibly named, as CSV, PDF, or both CSV and PDF representations.
Bonus points for keeping track of which ones have been downloaded and app notifications warning me if I have any I didn't download that are older than [x] months.