on 01-03-2016 09:01 AM - last edited on 01-03-2016 09:04 AM by PeteW
Phishing is when criminals attempt to deceive you into providing your personal details or money, through the use of fake emails, identities or websites. Phishing is something you need to be vigilant of so we can tackle this problem (pun intended).
There are a few simple practices you can do to help you stay safe while accessing email that we’ve detailed on our email security section of our website.
If you’ve been the victim of a phishing attack you’ll need to follow these steps to ensure your details are once again secure:
- Change your passwords for online and phone banking.
- Change your passwords for email account(s).
- If you use the same password for any other online activity, update those passwords too as many accounts use an email address in case of forgotten passwords. (Ideally, just don’t use the same password for multiple accounts or services.)
- Call us immediately on 1300 368 748.
- Update and run a full system scan on your infected device.
I hope this helps and look forward to any questions you have about it. Please also share your tips and suggestions on avoiding email related scams.
Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!
If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.