Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Does balance refresh

Posted by ScottR ScottR
Message 1 of 5 702 Views

Using online banking in a browser on a smart phone showing the web page in mobile view mode

If I tap accounts and then tap payments and transfers and tap accounts again does the webpage retrieve the latest balance of my account or do I have to do something else to ensure I have an up-to-date balance as of the time i kept accounts link.

The reason I ask this is I am in Perth and am expecting a scheduled (4th of the month) transfer from CBA bank in Perth to a MasterCard account today normally this turns up at about 9 a.m. local time if i recall correctly  but today I'm still waiting for the balance to update. Is there a typical time these inter bank transfers hit your account or is it randomly anytime during business hours of your local time

If someone couldn't broadly outline how interbank processing is done i would appreciate it.

0 Kudos

Re: Does balance refresh

Posted by ScottR ScottR
Message 2 of 5 699 Views

"time I kept accounts link" typo should be

"time I tapped accounts link"

0 Kudos

Posted by ScottR ScottR
Message 3 of 5 694 Views

Further reading found second part is up to 

0 Kudos

Posted by ScottR ScottR
Message 4 of 5 693 Views

Take 2:

I found the answer to the second part of my question basically the standard answer is  it is any time in the next 3 business days. So looking back at past transfers they always seem to come in quicker I suppose  I will keep checking all day.

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 5 665 Views

Hey @ScottR when in your online banking/app, your balances will refresh whenever you navigate back to the 'Account information' page. 

As you've mentioned, transfers between Australian banks can take up to 3 business days to arrive. We will credit your account with the funds as soon as we receive them. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.