Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Compromised Cards - how to obtain searchable data about past transactions

Posted by Nicole Nicole
Message 1 of 2 542 Views

Hi

My credit card account was recently closed by the bank due to the account details being obtained unlawfully by somebody, as notified by MasterCard International.

This now means that I am not able to access searchable data about my past spending on this card, as it's status is 'closed' and therefore the data is being kept from me. Opening each e-statement to locate all spending on takeaway food (for example) is not feasible, nor should I be expected to do this.

Can the data be made available in a file and provided to me, in lieu of reinstating it in the online banking portal?

If I am unable to access it via the internet, but can access it locally anytime I need to, that would be sufficient. Perhaps it is possible to obtain the extract at a local Bankwest branch? Please advise.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Re: Compromised Cards - how to obtain searchable data about past transactions

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 524 Views

Hi @Nicole

Once an account is closed, it is removed from your Bankwest Online Banking account list. Statements for a Credit Card are issued every 30 days, and for this reason we are unable to generate an "Interim Statement" upon closure. I can advise that when your next statement is issued on, if you are registered for eStatements, you will be able to view the required transactions via the statement on this date. I do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.