Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Chat Personnel Need Better Manners

Posted by bogram bogram
Message 1 of 2 545 Views

I had a really unpleasant experience in a chat session with Bankwest today. The operator insisted that I hadn't submitted a document and was so certain of this that she felt the liberty to get snarky with me about it. At one point she even said, “I'm sorry you didn't realise you need to send in all your documents.

The sad part is that I had submitted the form (many hours prior) – but the operator was simply not able to see the document due to Bankwest internal system limitations. Chat personnel need to be better educated so they don't make assumptions about what has or hasn't happened in regards to customer interactions with the bank. They also need to be cautioned to mind their manners.

I complained that I had not been advised that a document was missing and the response was:
I apologise if you were not aware that all the documents sent to you need to be returned. Would really appreciate you sending this in.” I think what she was trying to say was: it's not the bank's fault - you're the one with the problem. Again, all this took place after I had, in fact, submitted the form.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Re: Chat Personnel Need Better Manners

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 2 of 2 544 Views

Hi @bogram, I was disappointed to read of your experience with our chat team. I'm certainly keen to follow this up for you this afternoon - are you able to shoot me through your best contact details and a rough estimate of the time of day the chat occurred? You can email us on forum@bankwest.com.au, and I'll be happy to give you a call to discuss.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.