Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Charged twice

Posted by Alyssia92 Alyssia92
Message 1 of 3 1,190 Views

I went to subway geraldton on the 14/10/2018 at 6:13pm and was charged twice for $36.00 subway told me i had to see my bank as they only have the transaction for the one that went through the first time the eftpos went offline it shows on my bank statement twice charged. What do i do about it?

Thank you 😊

SOLUTION

Re: Charged twice

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 3 1,187 Views

Hey @Alyssia92, I'm very sorry this has happened and can appreciate this is quite concerning. 

If the transactions are still in 'Authorisation Only' one should drop off within 7 business days. If this happens, there's nothing else you need to do. 

If after the 'Authorisation Only' period, you can still see both transactions, we can certainly dispute one for you. Further information regarding the dispute process is available here.

0 Kudos

Re: Charged twice

Posted by Bankworst Bankworst
Message 3 of 3 1,156 Views

Hey Alyssia that totally sucks aye. The same thing has happened to me twice this month. Uber actually charged and took the fare estimate before even riding and when the eventual fare was only a couple of bucks more they charged the new fare again in its entirety instead of just the difference, let alone since when did they precharge FULL fares? Never. I debated tooth and nail with them and they gave the whole authorisation hold rubbish too saying 5 to 7 days and now they're saying up to 30 days and insisted it was the banks problem. The bank had seventy three explanations and dismissals almost uberworthy and despite admitting openly that it's wrong refunding me token fees unrelated and even saying they would let one go off hold ...they didn't!! My money is literally in limbo, it's so crooked haha. So to all beware because any merchant anywhere in the world whether it's the local servo or secret uber midgets online can and will do this. I paid for twenty bucks worth of stuff at a BP and then two days later was charged again. I had to demonstrate to a BANKER that it was wrong or else....how did I pay for the goods and then exit the store ahm?? Dealing with morons. Beware of PayPal too, if you pay for something very often the transaction is delayed so you can mistake your balance to what it truly is, then the charge finally leaves and could leave you overdrawn which costs you a ten dollar fee haha, so one pre and double charges and the other takes a while to wake up. Oh and when you get messages from the bank saying deposit funds by 12.45pm WST to avoid a fee as a payment has overdrawn your account, ie paypal's scenario, it doesn't matter if you cover it you still get a fee an 'honour fee' as opposed to a 'dishonour fee', well, I tell ya what and we all know it, banks are all greed ridden corrupt institutions and Bankworst owe many customers a dishonourable conduct fee. That's my two cents worth (before they steal it!)

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.