Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Card not working?

Posted by doolyoz doolyoz
Message 1 of 7 1,011 Views

I have a platinum mastcard, Will not work in any atm machine in the Philipines and now I cannot access the funds by trying to transfer same to my bank account?. When I try it comes up as "error insuffcient funds " But there are funds there... My other matestercard works normally... Anyone have any idea how I can solve this... thank you

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Card not working?

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 7 1,008 Views

First - make sure you're selecting Credit as your account when attempting to access funds (Savings or Cheque won't work). Make sure you know your fees and charges, as foreign currency conversion fees may apply, as well as cash advance fees if drawing from a credit card.

If you're still having issues - Call Bankwest by reverse charges on +61 8 9486 4130 for help with this one.

[ Edited ]
Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 3 of 7 971 Views

Hi @doolyoz, @thewinchester is absolutely right Smiley Happy When overseas you will need to be selecting the "Credit" option on your card at an ATM or EFTPOS Terminal, as Savings and Cheque aren't available. There are also a few ATMs that don't accept MasterCards unfortunately, so it's also best to check that you can see the MasterCard symbol prior to attempting to withdraw funds. If you've already tried this but the card is still not working, you can login to your Online Banking using a PC and select the "Chat Now" button at the bottom of your screen, as via the Forum we are unable to view your Customer Profile. Alternatively, you can call our Help Centre on +61 8 9486 4130. This is a Reverse Charges Number, however as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the Operator. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Message 4 of 7 964 Views

Thank you for the reply, but as I mentioned my other mastecard always works well. The platinum card use to work up until about 9 months back then started to not work in atm machines that the other card does work in. The main problem is that the Platinum card says "Insuffient funds" When there are funds in the account.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 7 963 Views

This does sound like it could be a Cash Advance Restriction in this case @doolyoz. Bankwest has restrictions on the amount of cash that can be withdrawn from credit cards. This restriction may be why you have been unable to withdraw and transfer funds as a cash advance from your MasterCard. Cash advances on our credit card products generally have higher interest rates and fees than purchases and therefore we have restrictions on cash advances in place. These restrictions can not be removed and all cash advance transactions are assessed according to our credit risk assessment and may vary depending on your individual circumstances.
As mentioned via the Forum I am unable to view your details to confirm if this is what has happened I'm sorry, however you are most welcome to contact us via either method above and have this looked into further. Thanks.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Message 6 of 7 962 Views

hi ... finally got onto Bankwest via chat... seems the card  has been stopped due to fraud??? looked at all statements no debits I didnt make?

Thats great!... Just stop it without any notification! That leaves me with 3  monthly debits for car insurance... My rent and car payment... And I am four thousand miles away... About all I can say Thank you mister Bankwest for nothing... But thanks to those who tried to help.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 7 of 7 947 Views

I'm really sorry to hear this @doolyoz. Our Fraud Team would try and give you a call to advise that a hold has been placed, however if they cannot reach you then they would send an email. My apologies if this was not received, I would suggest having a look in your junk or spam folders, if Bankwest has not been saved as a trusted recipient. I can certainly appreciate the inconvenience of being unable to use your card, however your security is our first priority.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.