Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Can we get some decent information about payment types in transactions?

Posted by backrowturkey backrowturkey
Message 1 of 4 1,138 Views

I've been trying to do some analyisis of my txn history and I'm stunned to find that the single transaction code "WDL" encompasses:

• ATM withdrawals (as you'd expect)
  • direct debits
  • "Pay Anybody" bank transfer payments
  • EFTPOS payments

and probably now PayID payments too.

Worse, it seems to include internal tranfers.

Boggle?!

Bankwest must surely have finer grained information than that. Is there any way we can move toward exposing it to users?

My dream world has BankWest exposing an API I can register an API Key and API Secret for, so I can get a transaction feed on a daily basis for my own analysis. A feed that contains as much detail as BankWest itself has on the txn including the accurate timestamp, merchant information, etc.

But just some decent transaction codes would be a huge help. Can we please have something like:

• ITD - internal transfer (debit)
  • ITC - internal transfer (credit)
  • ATW - ATM Withdrawal
  • DDW - Direct Debit withdrawal
  • TFW - Transfer Withdrawal (Pay Anybody or PayID withdrawal)
  • EPW - EFTPOS withdrawal

I'm really scratching my head about how I can do much with the data currently presented.

Do 3rd party integration services like Xero get a better, finer detailed feed than this? Or do they get the same data?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Can we get some decent information about payment types in transactions?

[ Edited ]
Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 4 1,132 Views

Hey @backrowturkey, while this is all the info we provide at the moment, I've passed your feedback through to the team. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by backrowturkey backrowturkey
Message 3 of 4 913 Views

So there's no way for me to find out where my transactions were to or from? No way to tell the difference between an internal transfer and a Pay Anybody transaction?

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 911 Views

You'll find this information in the "Payment History" tab of your Online Banking @backrowturkey, under the "Payments and Transfers" tab. This will date back for 12 months from today.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.