Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Can't remove password!!

[ Edited ]
Posted by denisecricket denisecricket
Message 1 of 11 14,256 Views

I cannot remove my PAN nor my PASSWORD from my online banking.

Using GOOGLE CHROME, the PAN and the PASSWORD seem to be locked in. I have deleted the bookmark and gone back to the Bankwest site and there is my PAN and PASSWORD already there.

I am using a shared computer at work so this is DEFINITELY not good!

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Can't remove password!!

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 11 14,249 Views

Thanks for contacting us about this @denisecricket. It seems this computer you're working on has 'save passwords' turned on. To turn this off you can follow the below steps.

1.In the upper right corner of your window, open the Chrome menu.

2.Choose 'Settings'.

3.At the bottom of the page, select 'Show advanced settings'.

4.Under 'Password and forms', uncheck 'Offer to save your web passwords'.

You'll also need to delete the cookies and specificlly select 'delete saved passwords'.

Thanks!

MA

Computer has stored my PAN and password,

Posted by MA MA
Message 3 of 11 14,209 Views

I logged in to a computer at work, and now the computer has stored my PAN and password, so if anyone else goes onto the lgoin page the can get me details, can I get this particular computer to remove the saved details?

0 Kudos

Re: Computer has stored my PAN and password,

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 11 14,201 Views

Hi @MA, I've just moved your post as @denisecricket had the same enquiry so you'll be able to see the steps to remove your PAN and secure code above. Please let me know if you need any further help.

SOLUTION

Re: Computer has stored my PAN and password,

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 11 13,958 Views

Below are the instructions to also do this on Firefox, Safari and Internet explorer.

Firefox:

1.In Firefox, select the “Menu” Menu Button button located at the upper-right corner of the window, then choose “Options“.

2.Select “Security” on the left pane.

3.Select the “Saved Logins…” button.

4.Select the web site you wish to remove in the list.

5.For individual site passwords, select the one you wish to delete, then select “Remove“. To clear everything, You can select “Remove All” to delete all saved passwords. Select “Close” when you’re done.

6.If you want Firefox to no longer remember passwords in the future, uncheck the “Remember logins for sites” option.

Safari:

1.Open the Safari menu.

2.Select Preferences.

3.Switch to the Autofill tab.

4.Click the Edit button for Usernames and Passwords.

5.Delete the entry that corresponds with the site you want to remove.

Internet Explorer:

1.Open the Tools menu.

2.Select Internet Options.

3.Click Content.

4.Under AutoComplete, click Settings.

5.Click on Manage Passwords.

6.Click on the Web Credentials Manager.

7.Click on the drop down arrow by the web site you want to remove the password.

8.Click on Remove.

0 Kudos

Posted by Sebstylers63 Sebstylers63
Message 6 of 11 13,602 Views

My pan and password remain on my computer. Can you please advise how to remove it so that it has to applied individually each time.

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 7 of 11 13,578 Views

Hi @Sebstyler63, thanks for the question.

Due to browser updates we've noticed that PAN and Secure code are being saved more and more so I've recently just done a post about how to avoid this happening.

If you would like to clear your saved password data, or disable the feature completely, you can do this through your browser settings.

If you need help accessing your browser settings you can view the steps and information via the websites below. If your browser version is different from any of the links you may need to search the relevant site for more specific instructions.

Just let me know if you need any further help.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Re: Remove saved PAN/secure code/password

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 8 of 11 12,433 Views

These help items are useful when you need ot know how ot remove saved PAN/secure code (password) from your web browser when logging in to online banking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.