Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Blocking or putting limits on certain types of transactions for my credit card

Posted by geckonet geckonet
Message 1 of 3 960 Views

I just had a fraudulent attempt to access my credit card via an ATM.  They were able to withdrawn $1000 from my account.

My commonwealth app allows me on a per account basis block or limt atm withdrawals, purchases, international purchases, online international purchases and more.  If I need to I can quickly unblock or up the limit again via the app.  This means I can keep my card pretty blocked off and secure but still use it when I need to.

I can't seem to find anything similar via bankwest and when I called they said they could only block cash advances permantly.  If I wanted to unblock it at any time I would need a new card!

Surely there is some easy way to limit what others can do with my card should they get my details.

0 Kudos

Re: Blocking or putting limits on certain types of transactions for my credit card

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 3 957 Views

Hi @geckonet, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. While this isn't a feature we currently offer we are always looking for new ways to improve our online and mobile banking experiences. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, I'll make sure I pass this onto our mobile team to look into. ^Lynds

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Blocking or putting limits on certain types of transactions for my credit card

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 3 941 Views

+1 for this granular level of account control when it comes to cards.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.