Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Based overseas and need to make a large transfer in the next 14 days to settle an investment - HELP!

Posted by prabuw prabuw
Message 1 of 5 445 Views

Hi all,

I'm currently based in London and have a Bankwest account. I have an investment which I need to settle in next 2 weeks, which requires me to make a rather large transfer. 

I am happy to break it up into several transfers of the highest limit of $20K, but am having trouble doing so from here, since the (aussie) number associated with my account is not longer active.

Is there anything that can be done? Please help!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Based overseas and need to make a large transfer in the next 14 days to settle an investment ...

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 5 426 Views

Hi @prabuw, thanks for your enquiry. There are a couple of different ways in which you can initiate a transfer - if the funds are going to an international account, this previous post outlines the ways that this can be completed. If this will be classified as a "Pay Anybody" transfer, you will be able to transfer up to $20K per day, if you are registered with the SMS Code security, and have your phone on roaming to receive these messages. If this is not an option, your maximum online daily transfer limit is $5K.

Alternatively, you will be able to complete a RTGS form, to process a Real Time Gross Settlement if this is a domestic transfer. The form does state International Transfer Form, however the required details are the same. You will be able to disregard the SWIFT Code and Exchange Rate details. The completed form can be sent to IMT.Retail@bankwest.com.au for action within 2 - 3 business days.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Based overseas and need to make a large transfer in the next 14 days to settle an investment ...

Posted by prabuw prabuw
Message 3 of 5 424 Views

It will be domestic transfer, so I will use the RTGS form. 

Thanks DanaeC!

Posted by peterlazaroo peterlazaroo
Message 4 of 5 233 Views

Is there a limit on RTGS?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 5 231 Views

Hi @peterlazaroo, great question! There is no limit on an RTGS transfer amount, however if you are completing the form remotely (ie not in store over the counter) you will be contacted over the phone prior to the funds being sent. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.