Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Senior Contributor

BOB Enhancement request: Scheduled payments - List display, and expiry communications

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 1 of 2 716 Views

Hopefully this is a relatively simple enhancement which can be easily built into a near-term release.

This is two seperate, but related, enhancement requests; and is driven by me forgetting to update the expiry date on a scheduled payment for my rent. Mercifully not a problem, and easily fixed, but it's something I'd love some simple changes that'll help those in the same boat avoid this problem a little easier.

1) Scheduled Payments (/CMWeb/Payments/Pay/List.aspx) - Improve table display and information

Currently, the table looks something like this:

Bankwest_Online_Banking.jpg

However, the table is a little hard to read due to the text density and default text size.

It would be great for the table to use some form of 'zebra striping', or at the very least a background highlight for the row that the mouse is currently over. This would improve readability and focus.

It also lacks some information which would be of value in the context of scheduled payments - specifically:

• Frequency of payment (Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, etc)
  • Event of next payment
  • Expiry of scheduled payment

Could this information be added with one additional column, titled Frequency, with the information in the cell laid out as:

Scheduled (Frequency - i.e. Fortnightly)
Next payment on DD/MM/YYY
Expires on DD/MM/YY (Or never expires)

Failing that, improve and expand the information displayed in the Type column to be:

(Frequency - i.e. Fortnightly) (Payment type - i.e. BPay)
Next payment on DD/MM/YYY
Expires on DD/MM/YY (Or never expires)

2) Easy Alert - New alert type - Scheduled payment expiring soon (OR email notification)

This is easier to describe, being to add a new Easy Alert type, that notifies the user when a Scheduled payment is due to expire.

For example, when a payment is within seven (7) days of its expiry date, an Easy Alert could be sent to the customer saying:

Subject: Scheduled payment expiring
Message: Your (frequency - i.e. fortnightly) payment, named (narration),
is due to expire on DD/MM/YYYY. Login to Bankwest Online Banking if
you need to update the expiry date.

This would help people who use it for things which need to be pait on time (i.e. Rent, Bills, Mortgage) to remember to keep their scheduled payments active, to avoid any nasty calls.

If adding an Easy Alert isn't going to happen, then it would be great for an email, in the same vein and using a style similar to eStatement alerts, to be sent with similar information.

0 Kudos

Re: Enhancement request: Scheduled payments - List display, and expiry communications

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 690 Views

Thanks for your feedback @thewinchester, as you know we are always looking for new ways to improve our online experience! I have passed these onto our online banking team to look into. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.