Highlighted
Rookie
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Authorisation only refunds

Posted by bec2018 bec2018
Message 1 of 5 430 Views

Hi all,

So last Wednesday I booked flights through Expedia with Singapore airlines, at the time Singapore airlines took the payment as an "authorisation". Yesterday they took the payment in 2 equal parts (I assume this was because its flights for 2 people, so they have taken each persons payment seperately). But the authorised "hold" payment is still sitting there... as in it looks like I have paid twice, but one is just an "authorisation"...I hope this makes sense?! 
Now, I'm freaking out as my account is now approx $2000 overdrawn..Does anyone know how long it takes for your held "authorisation" funds to go back into your account? As I have 2 direct debits supposed to come out today/tonight and they will decline and one is my car registration!!!!

Please help! Any advice is greatly appreciated!  

And apologies, I have also posted this query on the end of someone else's thread, but am afraid it may have been lost since it was an old convo.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

Re: Authorisation only refunds

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 5 427 Views

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you @bec2018, it sounds like the company hasn't yet processed the release on the hold. As we're unable to reverse a transaction initiated by a merchant it would be best to speak with them to see if they can arrange this for you. Whilst it's not ideal in your situation, these transactions do tend to generally drop off within 7 business days. Please let me know how you go, or if they're unable to assist you. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Rookie

Message 3 of 5 410 Views

Hi LyndsC, 

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken with the Singapore airlines and the website I booked through (Expedia) and they both say the hold was released immediately and instructed me to contact my bank.. 

Is it 7 business days from the inital hold? I'm so confused and stressed!! I feel like I'm going in circles, with everyone telling me to contact the other business.. 

Can I call anyone at BW to check?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Rookie
SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5 402 Views

Hi all, I have just done an online chat through my internet banking and got this sorted thanks to the wonderful Jess. Very much appreciate your help. 

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 5 399 Views

I'm so glad to hear that's all sorted for you @bec2018

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.