Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

ATM Transaction Dispute

Posted by 23358008 23358008
Message 1 of 12 862 Views

Hi,

I am currently overseas and tried to withdraw money from an ATM the other day. The first time I attempted to withdraw 500 JPY which was declined. I then proceeded to withdraw 300 JPY which was successful. I checked my account after and saw that both the 500 JPY and the 300 JPY has come out of my account even though I did not receive the 500 JPY from the ATM. Can you please let me know what my options are for disputing this transaction while I am overseas? 

Thanks,

Amy 

0 Kudos

Re: ATM Transaction Dispute

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 12 848 Views

Hi @23358008, I'm sorry to hear this has happened.

We can certainly dispute this for you Amy, we'd just need you to complete a Transaction Dispute Form. This previous post outlines where to obtain this. One this has been completed (it would need to be printed and signed by hand) you can send this back via any of the below methods:

Post - GPO BOX E237, PERTH WA 6841

Fax - 1300 765 515

BankMail - via the "Message Centre" tab in your Online Banking

I hope this helps, let me know if you require any further information.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Rookie

Posted by chrisl chrisl
Message 3 of 12 784 Views

I've tried depositing $750 at a Smart ATM outside a branch today and it failed to complete the transaction. I filled in the transaction dispute form with your staff at the branch and would like to know what the turnaround time is to get my money into the account as it's quite urgent.

0 Kudos
Rookie

Posted by chrisl chrisl
Message 4 of 12 779 Views

Also, is there a way to monitor the progress of my transaction dispute without having to call up?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 12 778 Views

Hi @chrisl, you can chec k on the progress of your dispute via our secure messaging service.

You can access messaging during WA business hours by logging into online banking using a computer and selecting "Message us now".

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Rookie

Posted by chrisl chrisl
Message 6 of 12 759 Views

Your messaging service is not working..

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 12 758 Views

Hi @chrisl, I have just checked with our messaging team and there aren't currently any issues with messaging. Can I ask what type of device you used to log in?

0 Kudos
Rookie

Posted by chrisl chrisl
Message 8 of 12 757 Views

A windows 10 laptop. The loading wheel just keeps spinning.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.