Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

bankwest app

Posted by grady2005 grady2005
Message 1 of 6 686 Views

I think bankwest should look at the St George app it has a lot more features and is more user friendly

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: bankwest app

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 6 660 Views

@grady2005: Are there some specific features, or functionality, that you like in St George's app, and can share more about here?

Also, have you had a chance to update to the latest version of Bankwest's mobile app, that was released last week? There's been a significant update to the user interface and workflows, which make using the app better and easier than before.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 6 653 Views

Yes I have done an update on the latest Bankwest app and it is better but it could be even better than it is.

On the st George app you can view your available balance without having to sign in and it doesn’t

Show any private information except the balance

Also when you are logged in you can block your card temporarily if you misplace it, you can set it that every time a transaction is made not just pay pass you will receive a text massage informing you of the transaction

You can set daily limits on your accounts and there are a lot more other features, I am a Bankwest customer and the Bankwest app is good but it could be a lot better

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 6 651 Views

Thanks for sharing @grady2005.

A lot of those features have been raised before around these parts (Controlling your card; Additional Easy Alert options; and balance information on app home screen/device widget screen without login; enhanced account management - i.e. daily limits), and I'm reliably informed they're under active consideration for future releases.

However, these things do take time because of the amount of programming, testing, certification and security work involved; so these are things that @JustinJ and the Mobile Apps team can't make happen overnight (no matter how much wishing made it so).

So, patience. I'm reasonably confident they'll be looking to add those features as soon as they possibly can.

Message 5 of 6 649 Views

Yes I’m sure this would take some time for these features to be added to the Bankwest app, and it’s good to hear that Bankwest are continuously working on making the app even better.

Looking forward to the next update

Thanks Graham

0 Kudos
Mobile App Team

[ Edited ]
Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 6 of 6 645 Views

The Mobile Team and I would love to add all those features and more, but @thewinchester is correct and they all take time so we have to consider each one and their cost to something else.

I'm glad you liked our update last week, we'll continue to tweak that and make it better each release.

Speaking of which, the next is not too far away and will see us adding one of the features you've just mentioned Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.