Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Will you ever implement Samsung Pay?

[ Edited ]
Posted by ScottH ScottH
Message 1 of 8 3,174 Views

With the announcement today that Samsung Pay will be accepted as a tap on/off payment mechanism for the NSW Opal transport system (https://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/mobile-phones/samsung-pay-rolls-out-ability-to-tap-on-at-...) as well as the growin popularity of the Samsung watches, will Bankwest provide any commitment to supporting Samsung Pay?

Please don't churn out the canned response of "We have no information to share at this stage". You've been asked this question for 2+ years based on forum posts. Either commit to supporting it within a reasonable timeframe that you are willng to share, or confirm that you have no intention to support it.

Customers need to know where you stand so they can make informed decisions about remaining with BW or looking for a more progressive and responsive alternative.

Re: Will you ever implement Samsung Pay?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 8 3,171 Views

Hey @ScottH, thanks for reaching out.

We don't have a timeframe for Samsung Pay at the moment I'm sorry - I know this isn't the response you were hoping for, and I do apologise that I don't have a different answer right now.

We are passing on feedback, and are always looking at and considering new technology options so I can assure you that when we have an update on this, we will let you know.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Posted by uluru1970 uluru1970
Message 3 of 8 2,930 Views

The answer is to find another bank that does have Samsung pay. That's what I'm doing. Good buy BW.

Posted by Carl_millar Carl_millar
Message 4 of 8 2,658 Views

I am also looking at moving banks

Posted by adrianamos adrianamos
Message 5 of 8 2,206 Views

This is incredibly frustrating. Samsung along with Apple (which took Bankwest ages to support) are the two major mobile makers in the world. It is unbelievable that support for these payment platforms hasn't been implemented already???

Posted by sam3 sam3
Message 6 of 8 1,628 Views

Any up date on Samsung pay?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Posted by alexhalessays alexhalessays
Message 7 of 8 1,425 Views

It's easier than ever to leave your wallet at home and only carry your phone to pay for things thanks to mobile wallets like Samsung Pay. Once you've added credit, debit and even gift cards, simply tap your phone (or even your watch) to pay. What differentiates Samsung Pay from its rivals like Apple Pay and Google Pay is that it promises to work almost anywhere you pay for things. It will even work with older magnetic-stripe terminals without the store having to update anything. This is what you need to know to start using Samsung Pay.

Where is Samsung Pay available?
It's currently available in 25 countries around the world (deep breath): the US, UK, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.

Which phone, bank, card and carrier do I need?
Samsung Smart Watches works with recent Galaxy phones, all the way from the newest Galaxy S10 Plus ($1,000 at Amazon) to the Galaxy Note 5 ($160 at Amazon) from 2015. It's also available on smartwatches like the Galaxy Watch ($279 at Walmart), Galaxy Watch Active ($200 at Walmart), Gear S2 ($160 at eBay) (only for transactions on NFC terminals), Gear S3 and Gear Sport.

All major carriers in the US support Samsung Pay: AT&T, Cricket, MetroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and US Cellular. You will also need a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card. See the full list of supported banks and cards in the chart below.

Where can I use Samsung Pay?
Samsung claims that its system will work with almost all point-of-sale systems: NFC, magnetic stripe and EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) terminals for chip-based cards.

It won't work with readers where you need to physically insert your card into a slot, however, such as those found at gas stations and on ATMs.

Using Samsung Pay in stores around San Francisco, I found that it was accepted almost everywhere. These included vendors using Square readers; NFC terminals in major chain retailers like Trader Joe's and Walgreens; and magnetic stripe readers in smaller stores. You may still need to sign a receipt for the transaction.

Samsung Pay also works on various public transit systems around the world, including MTA's OMNY system in New York City.

0 Kudos

Posted by antsma antsma
Message 8 of 8 1,053 Views

This is pretty absurd..

Had I known this was an issue (every other bank seems to support it) I never would have gone with Bankwest.

The post has had over 2,000 views, so clearly this is important to people.. Bankwest is going to lose customers if it doesn't do something to catch up to the rest of the market.

Also, 6 months since the last "update" from staff.. not good enough.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.