Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Travel insurance

Posted by cabreu cabreu
Message 1 of 4 1,168 Views
I have purchased all my accommodation for an up coming holiday (but not my flights) using my breeze credit card.

Do I still qualify for travel insurance?
0 Kudos

Re: Travel insurance

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 1,168 Views

Hi @cabreu, to be eligible for our complimentary travel insurance using a Bankwest Platinum MasterCard credit card account, you need to have purchased a return overseas travel ticket before 

leaving Australia and spend at least A$500 on your prepaid travel costs using the card. This would mean as long as you have pre-paid at least $500AU of accommodation you would be covered. You can check out the full details of this in the Complimentary Credit Card insurance booklet. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by cabreu cabreu
Message 3 of 4 1,154 Views
For some strange reason I was not able to purchase my flights via BPAY using the credit card and had to use my other account.

I have however have purchased over $2K worth of accommodation on the card.

Does this mean I am NOT covered by the travel insurance?
0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 1,152 Views

It would be best to check with Allianz Global Assistance on 1800 785 918 if you're unsure @cabreu, however the booklet above does state that as long as the travel expenses are pre-paid you would be eligible. So if the accommodation has been charged to your credit card prior to leaving it's likely you would be covered.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.