Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Transaction Dispute Mobile Banking

Posted by shashax shashax
Message 1 of 2 68 Views

Can I dispute a transaction that was made through the mobile app? I made a transfer of $55 to an account at another bank for an item, and it never arrived, and the seller is refusing to refund. I filed a transaction dispute with the transaction dispute form, but it was an unsuccessful claim because it was made through the mobile app as opposed to Direct Debit. I faxed all the screenshots and the claim I was making was one listed on the form, it was just not direct debit.

Is there any way I can get my money back?

0 Kudos

Re: Transaction Dispute Mobile Banking

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 66 Views

Hi @shashax, I'm sorry to hear this has happened. 

A Transaction Dispute form is required in cases where the Bank will need to commence an investigation with MasterCard International, for purchases made without your knowledge or consent using your Bankwest Credit, or Debit MasterCard. However, as you have mentioned that the payment was made a transfer within your Online Banking, we can attempt a recall on the payment for you. There may be a fee for this, and it's important to note that we're unable to guarantee that the funds will be returned as this is at the discretion of the owner of the receiving account.

To request this, you can login to Online Banking from a PC and select the "Message us Now" button on your screen between 7am – 6pm AWST Monday – Friday, or you can call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time, 7 days a week.

If we are unable to successfully recall the payment, you do have the option to to seek legal advice should you wish to do so. This is because as mentioned above a recall is only successful at the discretion of the receiving account.

Let me know how you go.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.