Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Rookie

Touch ID will not set up

Posted by Sarge Sarge
Message 1 of 4 325 Views

Once I activate "Fingerprint Login with Touch ID", the process goes no further. I am not presented with anything further. Hence my Touch ID is not set up. Annoying, to be sure, but not as annoying as having to use my phone to report the issue. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Touch ID will not set up

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 4 321 Views

Hey @Sarge, try some standard troubleshooting if you've not done so already:

Firstly, try to uninstal the app from your devices, then reinstall it from the App Store - and see if the behaviour persists. Restarting your devices (by powering off, then on) between uninstalling and reinstalling is also a good troubleshooting step.

Secondly, make sure your device is running the latest iOS version. You can check for an update by going to the iOS Settings app, then selecting General > Software Update. If there is an update, it's always a good idea to backup to either iTunes or iCloud. You can find more information on how to do that from Apple's Support website (or their support app - called Apple Support).

If you've done all that - and you still can't turn on Fingerprint login with Touch ID from the Settings menu; post back here with the iPhone Model Number and iOS version details (accessible from Settings > General > About) will help the Forums team pass this along to @JustinJ and the Mobile developers for further investigation.

0 Kudos
Rookie

Posted by Sarge Sarge
Message 3 of 4 316 Views

No change. Have uninstalled, restarted, re-installed and gone through setup again. No change at all. At the login screen, i get a small popup saying "Touch ID for Bankwest Use your fingerprint to log in" the only 'button ' available is Cancel. However, one very troubling thing is that if i then hit my home button twice, the popup disappears, and i am taken to my accounts page, but at this point, I haven't entered my login code. Serious security breach, i say. Phone is Apple iPhone 7, model MN922X/A version 10.3.1 (14E304). 

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 4 289 Views

Hi @Sarge, it sound's like you've set up touch ID correctly if you're getting the pop up saying "Touch ID for Bankwest, Use your fingerprint to log in". You mentioned that when you hit the home button it logs you in, this would be because Touch ID has been set up and your finger has been read. When Touch ID is set up you do not need to put in your log in code as the Touch ID replaces the need for this. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.