Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

This PayID Requires an Unsupported service

Posted by jakey39 jakey39
Message 1 of 4 978 Views

Hi Team,

I'm trying to add a friends Bank West details to my Peoples Choice account for PayID.  We've registered her mobile number on the BankWest App and website several times and get a successful response everytime, but when I then try to add her through Peoples Choice, I get the following error.

I've also tried with my daughter, and get the same reponse.

I have been able to successfully add friends that bank with The Bendigo Bank and ING and then send and receive money to/from them, but I can't add anyone Bank West.  Does BankWest only send money and not receive?

Peoples Choice unsupported.PNG

0 Kudos

Re: This PayID Requires an Unsupported service

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 4 976 Views

Hey @jakey39 looking at the error you're receiving, I'd recommend having your friend give us a call so we can look into what's causing this. Bankwest customer can both send and receive faster payments using PayIDs. 

0 Kudos

Posted by jakey39 jakey39
Message 3 of 4 805 Views

We have tried speaking to the PAYID team at Bankwest and I've tried again today from Peoples Choice, with the same response, Unsupported service??

I can send from my Peoples Choice account using PAYID to Bendigo Bank, but I still cant register any Bank West PayIDs.

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 4 799 Views

Hey @jakey39, I believe the trouble you're having with transferring to a Bankwest PayID from Peoples Choice via OSKO is due to our impending OSKO certification. We do hope to have this in the new year. 

In the meantime, you can transfer to Bankwest accounts using the BSB and account number as normal. I'm very sorry for any trouble this may cause. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.