Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Tap & Pay functionality

Posted by Deceiver Deceiver
Message 1 of 6 3,519 Views
Considering Bankwest has ties with CBA and CBA has had tap and pay in their mobile banking for a while now, when will Bankwest customers have this available?
Needless to say that this issue is a little frustrating when you have smaller banks and credit unions that have this available to their customers.

Re: Tap & Pay functionality

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 6 3,464 Views

Hi @Deceiver,

Thanks for your enquiry in regards to the Tap and Pay using your mobile. At this stage we have no immediate plans for this however our team are constantly working on new features and technology for our customers. I'll make sure our mobile team are aware this is something you'd like.

Have you tried out our new Easy Alerts feature we launched last week?

0 Kudos

Posted by IainFraser IainFraser
Message 3 of 6 2,886 Views
Agreed, this would be a killer feature. I could finally go to the shops and leave my wallet at home. Or if I go out for a ride and fancy a snack or a drink, I don't need to pack my card with me.

We've had smartphones capable of doing this for years now, so it would be fantastic if BankWest could get on board with the idea.

I no longer need to carry around a million loyalty cards, I don't need a physical boarding pass to get on a plane anymore, I can even unlock some doors with my phone. The less I have to carry, the better!

Come on BankWest, let's do this!

Posted by mpfl mpfl
Message 4 of 6 2,671 Views

+1

I'm about to consolidate my banking with Bankwest and will really miss the functionality I have with the Commbank app.

Even UBank has tap and pay, and they're a no-frills bank!

Posted by PoppyPaulo PoppyPaulo
Message 5 of 6 666 Views

Any further update on us having the ‘Loyalty’ function where you can conveniently store all your loyalty cards and membership details yet? 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 6 662 Views

Hi @PoppyPaulo, we don't have any updates about this at the moment, however once we do we will certainly let you know via the forum :-) Thanks

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.