Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Si

Setting time for App's Easy Alerts

Posted by Si Si
Message 1 of 7 852 Views

I have Easy Alerts setup for 'Credit Card Payment Due' which is very useful, however, the push notification keeps coming through at 3:30am (Perth time) and sets off an alert sound on my mobile. Is there a way to change what time of day the push notification comes through? Easy Alerts is a great idea and i'd like to leave it on, but without being woken up at each time it goes off.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Re: Setting time for App's Easy Alerts

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 2 of 7 848 Views

Hi @Si, Easy Alerts are sent in real time. As most of our processing is done overnight, this is when the alerts will be sent. If you would like to still receive the alerts but not be woken by the sound you can turn off the sound for just our app through your phones settings or notification centre. Let me know if this helps Smiley Happy

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Si

Posted by Si Si
Message 3 of 7 806 Views

@AlexM, Unfortunately it appears my OS only allows you to switch notifications for apps on or off rather than specifying just sound, vibration, etc. so i'd imagine turning this off would stop the notifications coming through all together. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 7 789 Views

Sorry to hear this @Si - can I ask what type of device you're using? There may be a way that this can be updated for you - let me know Smiley Happy

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Si

[ Edited ]
Posted by Si Si
Message 5 of 7 784 Views

Thanks @DanaeC,

It's a Samsung Galaxy S5 running on Android 6.0.1

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 7 781 Views

Thanks @Si - I've just had a look at a colleagues Samsung device, and done a quick Google search for you. From what I can see, this should be able to be done as below:

Settings > Apps > Bankwest > Notifications > Show Silently.

This means that the notification will still come through, however there will be no sound, no vibrate and no pop up (the symbol will just show in the notification list).

Hopefully this helps, let me know how you go as I'd really like to be able to assist here! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Si

Posted by Si Si
Message 7 of 7 778 Views

Hi @DanaeC,

I'm not given the option to show silently.
Under >Notifications im only given 4 options which can be turned on or off;
>Allow nofitications (Receive notifications from the app, including notification messages, sounds, and vibration)
>Set as priority (Show notifications at the top of the nofications panel and include them in the allowed list while Do not disturb mode is enabled)
>Previews in pop-ups (Show previews of notifications in pop-ups)
>Hide on lock screen (Do not show notifications from this app on lock screen)

I'm thinking this is an OS issue. Unfortunately because my device is relatively old (2014) it's stopped updating the OS. Newer samsung devices are running on the newer OS, Nougat (Android 7.0) where as the Galaxy S5's are stuck on Marshmellow (Android 6.0). I've looked into how to update to Nougat manually but it's not a simple process.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.