Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Send money to wrong card details

Posted by DeCampo92 DeCampo92
Message 1 of 4 555 Views

Hi

I have a travel money card through commonwealth bank. All my normal accounts are through Bankwest. I'm currently travelling through Europe. 

Ive transferred a large sum of money to what I thought was my current travel cards. Turns out the details are from a previous travel card I had from 3 years ago. The card no longer exists. But I do not know where my money has gone?

Ive waited 3 business days (which the site says if it's a card that is no longer in use it will automatically transfer back to my account in that time)

I cannot call and for some reason neither banks let you email them!?

please help

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Send money to wrong card details

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 552 Views

Hi @DeCampo92, I'm sorry to hear this. Can I ask if you transferred the amount via BPAY? If this is the case, you may want to contact Commonwealth Bank and see if they are able to process a reversal, or, if they can possibly transfer the funds to the correct card number. If you are unable to resolve the issue with Commonwealth Bank, we can certainly try to help with a BPAY Recall. Please note that there is a service fee of $35 to correct a BPAY Payment error, and the Recall Team will attempt to retrieve the payment, however this may be declined by the Biller. To arrange this, you can login to Online Banking from a PC and select the "Chat Now" button at the bottom of your screen between 7am – 6pm AWST Monday – Friday, or you can call our Contact Centre on +61 8 9486 4130 from overseas. This is a Reverse Charges Number, however as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by sallyig sallyig
Message 3 of 4 469 Views

24/7 I sent $888 to my daughter's card but apparently I used an old card number which was xxxx  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I phoned Bankwest immediately and was told it would probably bounce back as it was an unsed card. However, to this date it has not been returned to my account.

This money came from my cheque account xxx xxx a/c DJ & SI Green xxxxxxx

Could youplease investigate and have my money returned?

MAny thanks

Sally Green

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 465 Views

Hi @sallying, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. I'm sorry to hear the funds have not yet been returned. For security reasons we can't access or discuss any personal account information via the forum, so I'm unable to see what's happened here. If you can give us a call on 13 17 19 we can look into this further. Alternatively we can also assist via live chat, you can access live chat during WA business hours by logging into online banking using a computer and selecting "Chat now".

Please note that I have edited your post to remove any sensitive information for account security. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.