Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

Samsung Pay

Posted by Gooner21 Gooner21
Message 1 of 11 3,553 Views

Hi Guys

When can we expect Samsung Pay to come to Bankwest. Given its one of the most anticipated products (and doesnt charge fees unlike Apple), Facebook is also full of people asking thsame thing and just getting cut / paste answers.

Surely you guys have a date or timeline worked out for it already  ? If you dont plan on rolling it out then let us know so we can look elsewhere for a bank that will. Very frustrating and shouldnt take this long to be honest

Senior Contributor

Re: Samsung Pay

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 11 3,550 Views

Good luck @Gooner21, it won't be coming any time soon given their recent responses on Apple Pay.

Their official line is "we have no immediate plans for Apple pay", and as of May 10th this year, their most recent statement on the topic is "we have no new updates on Apple Pay."

However, both Google and Samsung pay are more likely to be developed than Apple Pay. Both Google and Samsung's platforms have no cost to the bank, beyond the initial development costs to make it available, and implimentation of or partnering with a tokenisation provider to provide the digital card.

This is compared to Apple, where it's widely understood they take a cut of all transactions using cards provisioned on the platform.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 3 of 11 3,548 Views

Hi @Gooner21 and @thewinchester,

Unfortunately we don't have confirmed timeframes or other details we can share just yet but we honestly are working on the mobile payments space and do some exciting things coming. Like @thewinchester said, there are differences in Android and Apple Pay as far as the agreements and costs, etc go with the providers which does give us some advantages in pursuing one of the other as a first step in the mobile payments space. We will certainly keep you updated as much as possible on the Bankwest Forum, as well as our social channels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 4 of 11 3,544 Views

Thanks for the reply PeteW

yeah as I mentioned in my post, There should be no cost to you guys as Samsung/Android wont charge you any fees unlike Apple (As they always seem to hit everyone for anything they can get $$$$ Smiley Wink )  so its win win for you and your customers!!

Posted by sidney108 sidney108
Message 5 of 11 3,319 Views

Hi there,

Hearing this, I cannot resist saying, that you should not leave it for too long... the amount of frustrating customers like me, who have paid big Dollars for the newest phones just to find out we cannot use one of the most interesting features, will be growing fast and you are not even in the position of the best home loan provider anymore to make us stuck with you forever, guys...

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 6 of 11 2,896 Views

Hi @Gooner21 and @sidney108, I know you were asking about Samsung pay specifically but I thought this would interest you too. We have some news to share on Android Pay Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
New Contributor

Message 7 of 11 2,657 Views

Cmon Guys, Time to revisit this, Great Android Pay is coming but Samsung pay is the way to go, especially with the Gear S3 released as well as the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge killing it like they are  ;-)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/technology/samsung-pay-on-gear-s2-s3-sparks-smartwatch-pay-...

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 8 of 11 2,652 Views

Thanks for your feedback @Gooner21, as a fellow Samsung user I'm looking forward to trying out Android Pay on my phone, and I'll make sure this is passed on to our digital team to assess in regards to Samsung Pay Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.