Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Repeated Deactivation of Touch ID/ pin on iOS

Posted by Danmac Danmac
Message 1 of 4 116 Views

Hi, I’m using the iOS app on an iPhone 8 and finding that the Touch ID/ pin access is continually deactivating itself and I have to resort to logging in with pan/password. 

Are there any tips as to why this keeps happening? 

Thabks. 

0 Kudos

Re: Repeated Deactivation of Touch ID/ pin on iOS

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 115 Views

Hi @Danmac, I definitely appreciate that this would be frustrating!

I'd first suggest ensuring you're running with the most up-to-date version of your device's software, as well as the app version. If you can confirm this, I'd then try un-installing and re-installing the app. Finally, you can login to your Online Banking from a PC, and select "Self Service > Manage Devices" from the left side menu and then de-register your device by clicking the "remove" button. You'll then need to login to the app using your PAN and Secure Code, and select "Settings" to re-register for PIN and/or Fingerprint login.

If you're still not having any luck, please pop me an email with your full name, Forum username and current device/software version to Forum@Bankwest.com.au so I can have our Mobile Development Team look into this.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Danmac Danmac
Message 3 of 4 101 Views

Hi, many thanks for your detailed reply. Before I try everything that you’ve suggested, can I ask about another possible cause:

does repeated failed attempts at unlocking the phone lock screen somehow deactivate the Touch ID functionality of the Bankwest app? My kids have probably been playing with the phone. 

If if this isn’t a function of the app then I’ll do what you suggested. 

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 99 Views

This wouldn't impact the login for the Bankwest App @Danmac, these are separate Smiley Happy

I have actually just heard from our Mobile Team though, and they've let me know that there is a known issue for some iOS users, which causes the problem you're having! They are working on a fix and this will be released with the next iOS update - though trying the above steps could still help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.