Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Re: PayID and the New Payments Platform

Posted by ADE0296 ADE0296
Message 57 of 63 1,774 Views

It is quite frustrating that the NPP has been known about by the entire industry for quite some time and as of a fortnight ago BW was looking at implementing something 'in the coming months'

Other institutions have rolled out NPP functionality already and this appears to be too difficult for BW to have had developed in advance. 

0 Kudos
CL

Posted by CL CL
Message 58 of 63 1,414 Views

… I was also thinking of maybe being able to use my drivers license number?? That is also unique to me only????

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 59 of 63 1,412 Views

Hey @CL, at the moment you'll need to use your mobile number as your PayID. We will certainly be looking at more options for the near future, so we will keep you posted on this Smiley Happy Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by anthonyp anthonyp
Message 60 of 63 1,321 Views

Come on Bankwest, firstly PayID much later than other banks, like most other posts in the forum I registered with my mobile number with ING when they first launched. Forcing mobile number only for your PayID identifier is not workable! this has been a problem for over 6 months now. When is Bankwest going to catch up to the other banks? When are OSKO payments going to be active like your parent CBA - I can instantly transfer between my CBA & ING accounts right now!

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 61 of 63 1,320 Views

Hey @anthonyp, we're working on having the option to use other PayID besides your mobile number. While we don't have a set date for this at this stage, we'll update our customers when this becomes available. Thanks for your patience during this time.

In regards to OSKO payments, we hope to have this option available by the end of October.

0 Kudos

Posted by Toddy85 Toddy85
Message 62 of 63 1,226 Views

I have accounts with two banks.  I have already created a mobile payID with my other bank (you were too slow, BankWest).  I want to send payments from my BankWest account to my other bank account. From what I have read, it seems like I can only send payments to someone with a PayID if I have a PayID with BankWest.  Is that correct?  And if so, why?  My friends bank with Westpac, and when they transfer, the PayID comes up as an option on the app, along with BPay, etc.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by sjm_22 sjm_22
Message 63 of 63 1,224 Views

Yer Bankwest were too slow I too have used my mobile number and email addresses with other banks as my pay id’s.

you don’t need a pay I’d with Bankwest to send fast payments. When you add a new payee when making a payment it comes up with all the options: bsb & account no, mobile, email, ABN. 

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.