Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

Re: PayID and the New Payments Platform

Posted by sjm_22 sjm_22
Message 17 of 64 3,738 Views

James, you can update and change your Pay ID with the other bank to be your email address instead and then you could use your mobile number for your bankwest Pay ID when they launch, but it’s still a pain in the backside they are only offering phone numbers at the beginning when they launch we shouldn’t have to go swapping all our Pay ID’s around.  Most people will probably use their phone number for their main account first like I did and therefore they want us to choose Bankwest as our main account and giving us no other option. Well too bad coz my main account is now ING who send and receive fast payments in seconds, free atms (not just CBA or in 7 eleven!) coz I deposit all my money there, no account fees, Applepay and they pay money to everyone when friends set up accounts.

Yes until they activate fast payments in their system and launch, you can only send money across to your other account by using the bsb and account number.

0 Kudos
DJC

Posted by DJC DJC
Message 18 of 64 3,727 Views

The use of the mobile number for PayID is of no use to me as I frequently travel overseas. SMS messages frequently take more than the alloted time for a response. I can access my email immediately from anywhere in the world. Like others, I have accounts with other banks that allow PayID using my email address and cannot understand why Bankwest seem to be stuck in the stone age.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by kenh2003 kenh2003
Message 19 of 64 3,724 Views

Your mobile number isnt used to confirm a PayID payment, its only used as unique identification reference like a substitute for a BSB and account number. 

You are right though, there is no good reason whatsoever for BankWest to only permit mobile number as PayID. By witholding their reasons for not allowing emails to be used shows a lack of transparency and suggests dishonesty and a motive that puts cusomer needs secondary to their own which in reality leads to a sense of distrust towards the whole BankWest brand.

0 Kudos

Posted by Dean Dean
Message 20 of 64 3,723 Views

I've setup PayID and used the NPP with both CBA and NAB, and it was a smooth and seamless experience for me. You've known that this has been coming for quite a while now, so why do you need a little extra time to make it as smooth and seamless as other banks have?

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 21 of 64 3,697 Views

Hi everyone, just to clarify - when we do introduce PayID and NPP you'll be able to register a mobile number as your PayID. That's not to say that we won't review other PayID options in future, but our priority right now is ensuring a smooth and simple experience for our customers. I do appreciate that everyone is keen to see the platform introduced as soon as possible, and I will pass your feedback regarding other PayID options along to our development teams.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by JeniferWilliams JeniferWilliams
Message 22 of 64 3,582 Views

I will definitely going to try it. I loved the concept. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 23 of 64 3,581 Views

So glad to hear this @JeniferWilliams!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by qwerty0uk qwerty0uk
Message 24 of 64 3,505 Views

Any idea when this is going live and dont say in 2018, Q2, Q3, Q4????

It's been over a month since NPP went live, and we still have to send money via Direct Entry System (DES)!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.