Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Re: PayID and the New Payments Platform

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 9 of 63 3,873 Views

Initially @JATierney, we will only have mobile number set up for this - if this changes, we will make sure to let our customers know.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by kenh2003 kenh2003
Message 10 of 63 3,843 Views

You gotta change it!

All the other banks are allowing email addresses and Bankwest is going to be late into the game.

Bankwest customer demographics are not old people loyal to one bank all their lives, thats not your target market. Many of us have multiple bank accounts and have already used our mobile numbers for PayID with other institutions.

If you wont give us what we want and what the other banks are offering, what do you think will happen?

Pass on my feedback to anyone who will listen please.

New Contributor

Posted by Jamesk811 Jamesk811
Message 11 of 63 3,764 Views

I signed up for pay ID using another financial institution. This is because I have multiple accounts with multiple financial institutions. Does this mean I can’t use the same mobile number for my payID with Bankwest??

Also, now that I have set up pay ID with my other financial institution, how do I send money using payID from Bankwest to this account? Or does Bankwest have to activate it first before this can be done? Because if this is the case, it’s pretty simple because it will make things more complicated having to first find out if the senders bank allows PayID before providing them your pay id details...

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by Jamesk811 Jamesk811
Message 12 of 63 3,762 Views

Sorry I meant “it’s pretty stupid” not it’s pretty simple. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 13 of 63 3,757 Views

Yep, you nailed it with stupid.

We cant send any money to or from a Bankwest account using PayID until Bankwest implement the system. BankWest are going to be one of the last banks to allow PayID and they intend to only allow a mobile number as a PayID reference.

Most of the other banks that have already implemented PayID allow email addresses or mobile numbers to be used.

Bankwest are now officially behind the times, they will implement a delayed and inferior system that is not what their customers want.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 14 of 63 3,744 Views

I'm sorry you feel this way @Jamesk811 @kenh2003. Bankwest will be introducing the New Payment Platform (NPP) in the coming months - we're taking a little extra time to prepare so it's a smooth and seamless experience for our customers. Whilst we will be launching only mobile numbers at this stage, if this does change we will make sure to let our customers know. I do apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by sjm_22 sjm_22
Message 15 of 63 3,713 Views

Why only mobile numbers it seems rediculous when the system is set up for mobiles, emails, ABN just update your technology you’ve had years to prepare for this and have known its not just phone numbers. Disappointed coz I use this account to collect rent and bills money from all my flat mates.

Oh wel, you better still be processing transfers to bsb and account numbers using fast payments in real time like the other banks do?

I won’t be able to set up a pay id with you I’ve already used my phone number for another bank.

New Contributor

Message 16 of 63 3,702 Views

Exactly!

Bankwest have totally stuffed this up here.

Reality is BankWest r owned by CBA. CBA r doing Pay ID with mobiles and emails as references.

Easy as, working perfectly.

i have ING and NAB, Pay ID working perfectly.

It works perfectly as is.

the Pay ID system was piloted with bank employees for almost a year before it was launched.

The responses we r getting from Bankwest r unjustified. 

They r deliberately withholding Pay ID from us right now.

is it a tactic to dissolve Bankwest and drive us to CBA? Maybe remember Bankwest was bought by CBA in a fire sale from the Bank (maybe Royal) Bank of Scotland, when it went bust after the GFC. Part of that deal was that the 2 businesses had to be run independently for a number of years.

thise of us loyal to Bankwest r like that cos we r anti Big 4.

Can we not be empowered consumers and show them the power of the people and campaign Bankwest to give us what we want.

lets fight!

Help me fight the system 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.