Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Overseas and locked out of account

Posted by Marty Marty
Message 1 of 9 997 Views

Unable to download app as phone too old. Cannot find operator to make reverse call. Tried to call but waiting times exceed 15 minues and now out of phone credit.

Credit card not lost or stlolen. Had entered wrong pin 3 times.  Just needs to be reset. How?

Overseas on move for weeks and must have card back to pay bills.

Urgent please.

Bank can call me on my registered mobile number to verify me. In Europe now.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Re: Overseas and locked out of account

Posted by Fraze Fraze
Message 2 of 9 993 Views

I would strongly suggest using the livechat on the Bankwest website either using your phone or a computer if available. 

Posted by Marty Marty
Message 3 of 9 973 Views

Not able to use the app, and no chat available on webpage.

Phone number that accepts reverse charge calls ( if you can obtain an operator) is never answered by a living person.

I did find out that your account is only locked till midnight! If the error was three failed attempts.

Would have saved a lot of Euros and time if I had known that.  Or even better, if that was one of the 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by Fraze Fraze
Message 4 of 9 971 Views

Once you log into Bankwest online banking either on mobile or on a computer, a large black box saying "Message us now" is available at the bottom of the screen which you could have clicked on to contact Bankwest. 

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 9 960 Views

Hi @Marty I'm sorry you've had such trouble getting in touch with us regarding your PIN.

As @Fraze has mentioned, our Online Messaging Team are avialble through the full version of our online banking if you can access a laptop/PC. 

If you still need a hand with this, please flick an email to forum@bankwest.com.au incluyding your Forum username, full name, best contact number and current location. 

Posted by Marty Marty
Message 6 of 9 953 Views

Unfortunately, there is NO CHAT pop-up on either my phone or tablet, whether in mobile or desktop mode.

I stress that my Android version on both devices are below V5.

Therefore i suspect that the chat option does not work on older devices.

It is not just a case of updating software, as my Samsung devices cannot update to later 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by landydeegirl landydeegirl
Message 7 of 9 90 Views

Is it important to have last version of Android to use chat? I had the same problem last year and hadn't an opportunity to use this chat! But now I have new smartphone and all is okay. I couldn't imagine that problem was in the version of Android , its impossible! ( Hopefully now all is okay, thank you for this info!

0 Kudos

Posted by Marty Marty
Message 8 of 9 86 Views
Hi Landydeegirl,
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, that is exactly the reason.
Many organizations do not realise that some not-so-young of us do not or can not update their Android versions. It appears that most Android phones only receive 2-3 years of update, then they are the "Forgotten" crowd.
I had the same problem with another bank, the travel insurance and other apps.
Built in obsolescence -instead of backward usability.
Tsk, tsk.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.