20-03-2017 11:18 AM - edited 23-03-2017 11:10 AM
This week our mobile app has been given a new look. We’re keeping all the features and functionality you know and love but we’re giving it a fresh new coat of paint
- Fresh new look in accessible colours
- Improved accounts overview
- Quicker way to make payments
- See all your account details in one view
Tip: If you’re on the go and need our help you can tap ‘Help’ in the main menu for quick access to the Bankwest Forum.
More great work from @JustinJ and team
23-03-2017 11:51 AM - edited 23-03-2017 12:10 PM
I'm still not wild about the change of headline font, but overall it's looking a lot more refined. The work the mobile team has been doing over the last few months, including some of the user feedback sessions have really paid off from what I can see.
Some inital comments on the 3.0 release:
If you need further info to research these issues, @PeteW has my details, you're welcome to reach out privately.
- Security (Critical Issue)
- Touch ID login timeout (iOS): Specific information on this security issue I've identified is being sent through to the Forums email address now, and won't be disclosed here.
- Payments and Transfers
- Created date for Scheduled Payments not showing: Have just checked, and all of the Scheduled Payments I have are not showing the Created Date in the intended space, either both the Scheduled payments or Payment history screens
- Unused space: On the screen shots provided by @SarahF in her post, and in the App, the accounts list always has some grey negative space there at the top and bottom - is this intentional for readability, or is this a development issue that's unnecessarily consuming screen real estate?
- eStatements, notifications, and consistent functionality across interfaces: It's good that there's there Orange dot indicator for an unread statement when you're in that view for an individual account, but that's the only place you'll find any indication of unread or new statements. It would be good to see the app mirror the intent of the full BOB Web interface, and provide some form of similar indication up front on the first accounts screen.
Given the real estate being worked with on mobile devices, possible path to implimentation might be a notifications button in the top-right corner of the screen (a bell icon) with a badge indicator for the number of unread/unseen messages.
This notifications page could serve a dual purpose, being to show the new/unread statement notifications, but also to bring forward the Easy Alerts notification list into the same view.
And if Bankmail is ever added to BOB Mobile, new message notifications could be shown there as well; along with opportunities for other Marketing or transaction push messaging from the bank (i.e. your card benefits or home loan rates are changing, we've got a better product we can offer you, etc)
- Make a Payment > Pay to
- Long account names in header bar: Is there a better way to display these? The truncation resulting from adding the balance of the from account means that longer names will be easily cut off and harder to read if the name is 17 charachters or more.
- Additional action options: It would be great if on both the Payees, and BPAY Biller tabs, the user had a right to left swipe action available which allowed them to either Edit, or Delete, a payee or biller from the list. If an Edit option is provided and used from this screen, the user should be returned back to the screen from which they initiated the Edit action.
- Help menu
- Rename and adjust options: Split the About the Bankwest App button and resultant content into two, one for About, second for Frequently Asked Questions. This will mean users can get straigth to the FAQ's about the app without having to scroll. Also consider putting some form of Table of Contents browser, or category navigation at the top of the FAQ page, so users don't have to scroll all the content to find what they want.
- Add options: As silly as this may sound, I'd strongly suggest adding Contact Us to the Help menu, which takes to the existing Contact us page. Yes this would duplicate the Contact button on the main 'hamburger' menu, but it means two less clicks if the users actual intent was to Contact someone for help when they pressed the Help button.
on 23-03-2017 04:01 PM
Thanks for your feedback in regards to V3.0 of our mobile app @thewinchester. I've looked into this with @JustinJ and his team and I've been advised that just like the older versions of our app, it will keep you logged in (so you can close the app and go back into it without having to log back in ) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes it will then automatically log you out. This is mostly so you can flick between apps when doing online banking (needing to go to a SMS/email to copy the payment details then back into app etc)
In regards to the other things you've mentioned we're looking at fixing these in the next release which is surprisingly really soon
Thanks for your feedback in regards to those enhancements, a lot of them are already on Justin and his teams radar but its good to see that they're working on what our customers really want. Keep the feedback coming
on 25-03-2017 09:23 AM
How do I now see my homeloan rate and what my payments per month are? These seem to both have been removed from the details screen.
on 27-03-2017 11:46 AM
on 11-05-2017 01:03 PM
Is "Debit Interest Rates 01 TERM LIMIT" the interest rate for the period?
And i can not see anywhere stating my total monthly repayments, only the interest payments are shown.
on 12-05-2017 03:36 PM
on 16-05-2017 11:48 AM
The estatments tab, it links to PDFs of the statments i receive in the mail. Its a premium select homeloan account