Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

More Mobile App Features

Posted by ThirdDegreePun ThirdDegreePun
Message 1 of 8 3,386 Views

Just wondering whether the mobile app has any short term plans to implement more sophisticated features such as NFC Mobile Payments, Cardless ATM withdrawals, Management of Cards via the app etc. 

Many other banks are offering these features and taking advantage of technologies such as fingerprint scanners on many phones now which would be greatly appreciated on the bankwest app! 

Forum Manager

Re: More Mobile App Features

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 2 of 8 3,382 Views

While we definitely keep up with the latest technologies and trends with mobile @ThirdDegreePun we very carefully research and analyse which technologies and features we focus our development on. And importantly we talk with our customers, asking them what matters most to them before rushing in to things.

Which sort of device are you using?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 3 of 8 3,379 Views

I'm using an LG G Flex 2, a less common but great device, like most smartphones and tablets it can make use of NFC technology and I would be interested in having it has an alternative to my card. Whilst I do not possess a fingerprint scanner I can imagine customers who do have one would find it an invaluable time-saver when logging into the account, without sacrificing security. 

I believe it's important to leverage technologies to make banking easier for the consumer, but I also acknowledge the work and concerns with security which such technologies can bring. Still, enabling options for the consumer with information where appropriate is always great! 

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 4 of 8 3,376 Views

While I can't make NFC happen for you right now, I've passed your feedback on to Justin in our mobile app team.

And you're right about security, it's absolutely critical in everything we do so we can keep our customers details and accounts safe.

Thanks for the chat @ThirdDegreePun - feel free to keep them coming.

PS Are you having trouble deciding on a new avatar for yourself? Smiley Happy

○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
New Contributor

Message 5 of 8 3,373 Views

Cool cool, just wanted to see if it was in the works or not!

I chose an avatar and uploaded it and allegedly its awaiting moderation before it can be used, I'm not too fussed however. 

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 6 of 8 3,370 Views

Sorry about that - image approved!

Posted by Isaac Isaac
Message 7 of 8 3,344 Views

Given that Bankwest has now been integrated into CBA, surely there is an opportunity to leverage off the technology being implemented by CBA to bring the same and/or similar features to Bankwest customers?

The CBA mobile app appears to offer significantly greater functionality than the Bankwest app - although I understand that there might be a desire (from a marketing / public perspective at least) to portray the two as being separate, I'm not sure that this means that Bankwest customers should miss out technologies that are offered to customers of what are, effectively, the same bank.

Just a few thoughts Robot Happy

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 8 of 8 3,067 Views

Sorry for the belated reply @Isaac! Not sure how we missed it. Anyway, you make a good point and I can see from the Kudos that other people agree Smiley Happy

There are some things we can 'leverage' from CBA whether it be technology, process, etc however it's not always as straightforward as you might think. And when we think about Bankwest Easy Alerts which we launched recently, that's something we've got which they (along with other banks) don't. But I hear you when you say they have more functionality and can assure you we're always working on adding new features to the App.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.