Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Marshmallow compatibility

Posted by mongastein mongastein
Message 1 of 13 1,249 Views

I've been using the Bankwest app quite cheerfully on my HTC One running kitkat. Finally got around to upgrading my phone to marshmallow tonight, and was very disappointed to find that the Bankwest app no longer works. I can't even reinstall it from google play since it now identifies my phone as being incompatible. Has anyone else had trouble running the Bankwest app after upgrading their android operating system to marshmallow? I don't fancy downgrading to lollipop or kitkat just to get a single app to work again.

Appreciate any help or advice on this, thanks!

cheers

mongastein

0 Kudos

Re: Marshmallow compatibility

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 13 1,245 Views

Hi @mongastein, I've just spoken with Justin in our app team and he has asked me to check which HTC One device you're using so we can look into this further. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 13 1,244 Views

Thanks for following up on this. It's a HTC One E8.

0 Kudos

Message 4 of 13 1,218 Views

Any news on making the app compatible with marshmallow? I've found it really useful in the past and would like to be able to continue using it.

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 13 1,215 Views

Hi @mongastein, our App team have been looking into this and they've asked me if you could send me a screen shot of what error you're getting? Thanks!

0 Kudos

Message 6 of 13 1,213 Views

I can't install it at all I'm afraid. I uninstalled it since it wouldn't work after I upgraded to marshmallow. I assumed it might have been because of the upgrading process or something, so I went into google play to try to reinstall the app. Trouble is, google play won't let me install it. It says "Your device isn't compatible with this version." That can't be right since it worked great while I was on kitkat. It is still the same phone, it is just running marshmallow now. I can send a screenshot of the bankwest app on google play with the message that the device isn't compatible, but I doubt that would be of any use to you. 

I'm running android version 6.0.1 with HTC Sense version 7.0. I upgraded through those OTA updates that the phone received automatically. It is stock, I don't have any custom rom or kernel or stuff like that.

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 7 of 13 1,194 Views

Hi @mongastein, I've been looking into this with our App team and they've advised that if Google Play is advising that the Bankwest App is not compatible it seems that your device/operating system won't be able to work with the App. We've tested Marshmallow on a few different android devices and have found that it works fine. This may be a bug report you could send to HTC as their Marshmallow rollout is still in development.

0 Kudos

Message 8 of 13 1,192 Views

How disappointing. Thank you for letting me know anyway.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.