Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Loan repayments coming straight off the balance owing ????

Posted by Julie70 Julie70
Message 1 of 2 1,094 Views

Morning,

My partner and I have a bankwest equaliser home loan account. I just wanted to know why when our repayments are made that it doesn’t just come straight off the outstanding balance of the loan. 

Instead the amounts paid just sit there. I have been told that we have to reduce the loan limit.

Why should we have to do this for ?????

Cheers

Julie 👍

0 Kudos

Re: Loan repayments coming straight off the balance owing ????

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 1,068 Views

Hey @Julie70, generally any additional payments made to your above the minimum monthly repayment (MMR) will sit in the available balance offsetting the interest charged, remaining available for you to access when needed, as we're contracted to debit only the MMR each month.
Should you want us to remove the available balance to reduce the limit of the loan, we do require your request in writing.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please log into your online banking and hit the 'Message us now' button (or the 'Ask us' button if you use our app). Our Messaging Team are available 24/7 365.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.