Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Reply
Forum Manager

Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 1 of 37 4,546 Views

The boys are now live!

------------------------------

Hi everyone, @JustinJ and @JonS from our mobile team will be online from 12pm-1pm WST Wednesday 16/12 to talk all things Bankwest App with you. They're excited to hear from you about the new features and improvements we've made this year in our App and the exciting features coming soon.

 

How to get involved

  1. If you're a Bankwest customer, become a member of the Forum so you can join the conversation.
  2. Simply ask your questions and give your feedback by 'Reply' to this post and keep an eye out for the boys getting back to you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 37 4,412 Views

What are the future plans for BOB Mobile in the coming six to twelve months?

 

Are we likely to see new features, such as:

  1. Quick balances without logging on to the app
  2. Better iPad support (an actual app, not just a web wrapper for the full BOB web interface)
  3. Touch ID login support for iOS devices
  4. Tokenised payment services for mobile platforms
  5. Debit/credit card management (Suspend, Replace, Restrict specific transaction types, Set and manage spend limits)
Frequent Contributor

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 37 4,411 Views

What are the challenges that are currently holding BWA from making major gains in the mobile space?

 

Given where BWA's competitors are in their mobile offerings, and even CBA (BWA's parent owner), which currently offer services and features far beyond and generations improved than the current iteration of BOB web/mobile; is it likely these challenges will be overcome quickly to retain, and acquire new customers who are seeking banks with Mobile first approaches for their banking needs?

Reply
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 37 4,409 Views

At present, secure chat is available only via the BWA website.

 

Does the mobile team see this being a communications channel they can make accessible via BWA's mobile offerings in the short to medium term?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 5 of 37 4,379 Views

Imrpovements to, and accuracy of Find Us information

 

What's the best way to go about reporting problems with the accuracy of this data? Every time I've tried to report a branch or ATM where the location pin is entirelly incorrect - I get nowhere.

 

One great example of this is the BWA Joondalup WA branch (306113). This branch moved over 12 months ago to a tennancy inside Lakeside Joondalup S/C, but the location pin is *stil* shown as the old location on Boas Ave.


Also of note is that there's a mismatch in information between the BWA website, and the mobile app. The branch has a Smart ATM, and the Find Us portion of the website states this. However, the mobile app does not.

 

Secondly, will we be able to filter the Find us results in-app any time soon? i.e. search facets to drill down to find only Smart ATMs, or branches with weekend trading.

Reply
0 Kudos
Mobile App Team

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

[ Edited ]
Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 6 of 37 4,374 Views

thewinchester wrote:

What are the challenges that are currently holding BWA from making major gains in the mobile space?

 

Given where BWA's competitors are in their mobile offerings, and even CBA (BWA's parent owner), which currently offer services and features far beyond and generations improved than the current iteration of BOB web/mobile; is it likely these challenges will be overcome quickly to retain, and acquire new customers who are seeking banks with Mobile first approaches for their banking needs?



Great question @thewinchester Smiley Happy

 

Bankwest has already started to leverage parts of CBAs infrastructure and hopefully moving forward we'll be able to become more agile and deliver new features to you quicker. Our biggest challenge currently is the amount of requests we get for new and exciting technology which means we have to determine what delivers the most value to you as our customers.

Mobile App Team

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

[ Edited ]
Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 7 of 37 4,353 Views

thewinchester wrote:

At present, secure chat is available only via the BWA website.

 

Does the mobile team see this being a communications channel they can make accessible via BWA's mobile offerings in the short to medium term?


@thewinchester - in regards to live chat on mobile we've just launched chat via our Mobile website however at this stage live chat via online banking is not yet available on our Mobile app. I'll make sure i pass your feedback onto our online chat team to see what we collaborate on Smiley Happy

Mobile App Team

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

[ Edited ]
Posted by JonS JonS
Message 8 of 37 4,348 Views

thewinchester wrote:

What are the future plans for BOB Mobile in the coming six to twelve months?

 

Are we likely to see new features, such as:

  1. Quick balances without logging on to the app
  2. Better iPad support (an actual app, not just a web wrapper for the full BOB web interface)
  3. Touch ID login support for iOS devices
  4. Tokenised payment services for mobile platforms
  5. Debit/credit card management (Suspend, Replace, Restrict specific transaction types, Set and manage spend limits)


Great question to get us started @thewinchester - thanks!

2016 is set to be a good year for us delivering imporovements to our App and hopefully this gives you an idea of where we're currently at.

  1. This is something we're keen on and we've started to build the framework to make these types of features more possible
  2. While our focus is moreso on the Bankwest App itself, we do acknowledge tablet usage is on the rise but mobile continues to dominate so we spend more of our time there.
  3. TouchID is certainly something our customers are asking for and we see the benefits too so we're hoping this is something we can deliver in 2016.
  4. This isn't currently on our short term roadmap although it's technology we do want to take advantage of and something we'll definitely shout about on our social channels and of course the Forum.
  5. Some of this functionality is already available in our online banking however there's no short term plans for the App.

 

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.