Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Mobile App Team

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

Posted by JonS JonS
Message 25 of 39 8,755 Views

Looking forward to my PayPass notification for my Star Wars ticket tonight!

Mobile App Team

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 26 of 39 8,751 Views

@adamd wrote:

With my UI/UX experience, I'd love to see that list simplified to have less text. Less is more.

We tread a fine line between being too simplified and yet still intuitive by those not on trend with the latest design patterns. Great feedback though!

Mobile App Team

Posted by JonS JonS
Message 27 of 39 8,745 Views

@thewinchester wrote:

I agree with @adamd in respect of the UI/UX needs of BOB Mobile.

Not withstanding the excess of text, the orange on white can at times be quite jarring. And the use of fonts along with these colours doesn't exactly help low vision users, especially those who might not be as tech savvy and aware of the features in their mobile OS to make things easier for them.

Short of the impossible request to dump BWA's hero colour (orange) from its brand, what can be done to make the interfaces seem less comical, less busy/text heavy, and more importantly - have much better functional pathways which ensure the same tasks can be achieved, with less steps/clicks/interactions?

Appreciate the feedback @thewinchesterand you make some good points. From a broader digital perspective we are reviewing our accessibility and aiming to improve wherever possible. We have actually enabled the Bankwest App to function fully with assisted screen readers (voice over) for those of our vision impaired customers that have activated this on their phones.

Senior Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 28 of 39 8,741 Views

@JonS wrote:
2. While our focus is moreso on the Bankwest App itself, we do acknowledge tablet usage is on the rise but mobile continues to dominate so we spend more of our time there.

This response concerns me, because personally a tablet is a mobile device. And if current best practice development models are being used, you should only need to have one 'app' which supports both phone and tablet devices.

It also concerns me, because it suggests that the tablet app isn't receiving the same level of attention, or risks not getting the same feature sets at the same time as they are available to phones.

And that of course is before we go into the technical issues of maintaining two seperate applications for devices which use the same OS and coding language.

So what i'm suggesting is that it would be worth breaking down the walls between tablets and phone devices, in the context of Bankwest's apps, to ensure that regardless of the device used - customers have acccess to a consistent set of features and services, so long as they are presented in a way that's most efficient for the device being used.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Posted by B3x2000 B3x2000
Message 29 of 39 8,740 Views

Hi Guys, love the app (especially Easy Alerts!) & looking forward to the new features you've been hinting at Cat Tongue

Is there anything on plan to remove SMS code if you're travelling? The travel notification form is awesome but I always forget to arrange removing SMS code before I go overseas Cat Frustrated

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 30 of 39 8,733 Views

@B3x2000 wrote:

Is there anything on plan to remove SMS code if you're travelling? The travel notification form is awesome but I always forget to arrange removing SMS code before I go overseas Cat Frustrated

+1 for this, as someone who travels overseas at least a few times a year.

I'd actually prefer customers have the choice between using either an SMS code OR a TOTP software-based solution (Google Authenticator, 1Password, Microsoft Authenticator - which all use the same RFC 6238 standard).

0 Kudos
Mobile App Team

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 31 of 39 8,731 Views

@B3x2000 wrote:

Hi Guys, love the app (especially Easy Alerts!) & looking forward to the new features you've been hinting at Cat Tongue

As an avid traveller, I completely sympathise with people in this situation.

We're looking at ways of streamlining the SMS code verification, not just for when you are overseas. We have some ideas on it and hopefully there'll be something we can do in the near future.

Mobile App Team

Posted by JonS JonS
Message 32 of 39 8,726 Views

@thewinchester wrote:

@JonS wrote:
2. While our focus is moreso on the Bankwest App itself, we do acknowledge tablet usage is on the rise but mobile continues to dominate so we spend more of our time there.

This response concerns me, because personally a tablet is a mobile device. And if current best practice development models are being used, you should only need to have one 'app' which supports both phone and tablet devices.

It also concerns me, because it suggests that the tablet app isn't receiving the same level of attention, or risks not getting the same feature sets at the same time as they are available to phones.

And that of course is before we go into the technical issues of maintaining two seperate applications for devices which use the same OS and coding language.

So what i'm suggesting is that it would be worth breaking down the walls between tablets and phone devices, in the context of Bankwest's apps, to ensure that regardless of the device used - customers have acccess to a consistent set of features and services, so long as they are presented in a way that's most efficient for the device being used.

I hear what you're saying @thewinchester and agree with you in some areas however another consideration is the fact a tablet has more screen real estate and currently online banking (what you see on a tablet) has more functionality than our App. Given this added functionality it better enables our customers to do more on their device which is important to us, and our customers. But as we add more functionality to our App we'll get closer to a point where the functionality is the same and at that point we'd most likely have a single/shared App on mobile and tablet.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.