Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Mobile App Team

Re: Live Q&A with our Mobile App Team 16/12

Posted by JonS JonS
Message 17 of 39 9,158 Views

Personally I really like the fact we've been able to import the notification list (example below) from online banking to the App because it helps our customers keep track of their banking on the go and ties in very nicely with Bankwest Easy Alerts which @JustinJ (and many others) played key roles in developing, testing and launching.

image1.png

Mobile App Team

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 18 of 39 9,158 Views

@RedOx wrote:
Are there any plans to supportcardless cash atATMs, and any plans for paying with NFC enabled phones e.g. Android Pay, asWestpac and several other banks have announced?

Thanks @RedOx, we're looking at ways of improving how our mobile app is used for accessing your money and making payments. Both your examples are two great ways of doing this. I'd love to see these features myself and we're collaborating within Bankwest to look into the options further.

Posted by adamd adamd
Message 19 of 39 9,151 Views

With my UI/UX experience, I'd love to see that list simplified to have less text. Less is more.

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 20 of 39 9,148 Views

Love the travel notifications feature you guys launched in 2015 on the mobile app Smiley Happy #nailedit

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Mobile App Team

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 21 of 39 9,148 Views

Easy Alerts was one of the biggest highlights for the mobile app in 2015, I really enjoyed seeing such a fantastic idea come to fruition.

But some of the simpler things were also really satisfying to see, like the optimisation of the Bankwest App on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Highlighted
Mobile App Team

[ Edited ]
Posted by JonS JonS
Message 22 of 39 9,144 Views

@adamd wrote:

First up, two words;  Apple. Pay. Do you guys have a roadmap plan to implement it?

Super glad you introuduced push notifications - I've been saying this should be a thing for at least 4 years (and with a previous bank too). So nice to have my phone go off and say "You've been paid". I know it's probably a security reason, but could we perhaps have the name of the payee show in the notification?

Also, I second/third/fourth the mention of Touch ID to log in. My password is 17 characters, alphanumeric with symbols... It's secure, but a **bleep** to type on my phone in a hurry. Even a 4-6 digit pin would be mint.

Keep up the good work guys!

Apple Pay is something we all have an interest in and are looking to release but we'r ein the early stages so don't have an ETA for you yet @adamd.

Glad you're loving Bankwest Easy Alerts, it's functionality our customers wanted and we knew would help with their banking so spend a lot of time and effort developing it. We've ommitted the payee info from the alert for security and privacy at the moment as well as keeping them short and sweet. It's simple to change from a tech perspective but our customer privacy and security is always our priority.

PIN Login isn't far away at all and TouchID is another big piece we're looking at. Stay tuned to our social channels and the Forum for updates on this. I know @SarahF@LyndsC and @PeteW will be happy to hear from you again. Tacos on the menu for lunch today?

Mobile App Team

Posted by JonS JonS
Message 23 of 39 9,138 Views

@adamd wrote:

With my UI/UX experience, I'd love to see that list simplified to have less text. Less is more.

Do you mean the notification list @adamd? If so, good feedack - we'll definitely take it on.

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 24 of 39 9,132 Views

I agree with @adamd in respect of the UI/UX needs of BOB Mobile.

Not withstanding the excess of text, the orange on white can at times be quite jarring. And the use of fonts along with these colours doesn't exactly help low vision users, especially those who might not be as tech savvy and aware of the features in their mobile OS to make things easier for them.

Short of the impossible request to dump BWA's hero colour (orange) from its brand, what can be done to make the interfaces seem less comical, less busy/text heavy, and more importantly - have much better functional pathways which ensure the same tasks can be achieved, with less steps/clicks/interactions?

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.