Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Is Samsung Pay coming?

Posted by chrisco chrisco
Message 1 of 11 3,269 Views

So you have released your payment ring now, so are you ever planning on releasing Samsung Pay? Its been about 3 years now? 

0 Kudos

Re: Is Samsung Pay coming?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 11 3,259 Views

Hi @chrisco, we know many of our customers are keen to use Samsung Pay for their purchases. We will definitely keep our customers posted on any updates - we just don't have any info to share right now I'm sorry. Bankwest has already introduced Android Pay and we’re continuing to look at a range of payment experiences that offer our customers flexibility and choice and reflect their ever-changing needs. Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Chickenhawk Chickenhawk
Message 3 of 11 3,104 Views

Hi Danae C,

That's all well and good, but Android pay (now google pay) isn't compatible with Samsung wearable devices.

Bankwest and NAB are now the ONLY banks in Australia that aren't compatible with it.

Considering that it is compatible with Combank which owns Bankwest, this comes as quite the shock,

The next time I'm looking at a banking product, Samsung pay compatibility will be the very first thing I will be considering. 

Posted by Chickenhawk Chickenhawk
Message 4 of 11 3,103 Views

see compatiable banks 

• Commonwealth Bank
  • ANZ
  • Westpac
  • CITI
  • Amex
  • People's Choice
  • Bank of Sydney
  • Australian Unity
  • Bendigo Bank
  • Big Sky
  • Central Coast
  • Central Murray
  • Catalyst Money
  • Illawarra
  • Beyond Bank Australia
  • BOQ
  • Community First
  • NBCU
  • CUA
  • Defence Bank
  • Nexus Mutual
  • First Option
  • Holiday Coast
  • Horizon
  • Macarthur
  • Bank Australia
  • Intech
  • P&N Bank
  • Customs Bank
  • Police Bank
  • RACQ Bank
  • Queenslanders
  • Select Encompass
  • SWSCU
  • SCU Banking
  • Firefighers Mutual
  • Teachers Mutual
  • UniBank
  • Reliance Bank
  • Unity Bank
  • WAW
  • wecu
  • Latitude Financial Services
  • GO Mastercard
  • 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
  • Virgin Money Australia

Does Bankwest care so little about its customer base? 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 11 3,095 Views

I am sorry that I don't have a different answer for you @Chickenhawk. As soon as we have any information to share we will do so via our social channels, and I will ensure your feedback is passed on. Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
RMO

Posted by RMO RMO
Message 6 of 11 2,938 Views

BankWest is not responding to customer needs. Time to find a new bank. Goigkevpay dies not work since Goigke took over Android pay. I don't want to wear your Bankest ring . time to find a more progressive and customer oriented bank. That will be s challenge!

0 Kudos
RMO

Posted by RMO RMO
Message 7 of 11 2,937 Views

Couldn't agree more!  Time to find a more progressive and customer oriented bank for me.

0 Kudos
JK

Posted by JK JK
Message 8 of 11 2,921 Views

Im happy to wait, bankwest helped my family out with a homeloan when others would not.

5 years in and we could not be happier, im not sure whether ill get a bw ring, manly because im not sure about the safety side but i have not done my homework on the ring.

As for the people that are bagging out bw for not utilising Samsung pay...

Have a cup of f...ing concrete and harden up.

1st world problems bud

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.