Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Rookie
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

How to get PIN login on iPad

Posted by mayhewga mayhewga
Message 1 of 6 1,744 Views

Whilst I easilly changed to 4 digit PIN login on my Android devices, there is no way I can get the same on my iPads, despite deleting and re-installing the Bankwest App and even my entire IOS system. My Bankwest version is 2.7.0  and IOS 9.2.1 so both are the latest.

There is no "setup" button (three dashes) to hit on the main page. Any clues?

0 Kudos

Re: How to get PIN login on iPad

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 6 1,743 Views

Hi @mayhewga, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. At this stage the 4 digit PIN login is only available on the Bankwest App on smart phones (iOS 7 and Android 4.0 devices and above). This means you'll still need to log in using PAN and secure code on your iPad/tablets. ^Sarah  

Rookie

Posted by mayhewga mayhewga
Message 3 of 6 1,742 Views

Thank you Sarah; just as I thought.

It might be an idea to let the staff at the call centre know that the feature is not available on iPad as I spent 30 minutes with 2 of them as they tried to figure out why I had a problem. They had nothing to go on except one had an iPhone which of course worked.

It may also save a lot of angst for customers if someone also corrects the statement on the Apple App Store page as shown below:

"This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad"

Anyway, at least now I know not to waste further time trying to get it to work.

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 6 1,738 Views

Thanks @mayhewga, I've just passed this feedback onto our team to look into and address. Thanks for letting us know. ^Sarah

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 5 of 6 1,731 Views

What a frustrating call centre experience it sounds like you've had @mayhewga!

0 Kudos
Forum Manager
SOLUTION

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 6 of 6 1,113 Views

I'd just like to confirm that 4 digit PIN Login has been available on iPad since May 2016. If you're not seeing it on your app, just update it Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.