Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Member

Home transfer

Posted by renee77 renee77
Message 1 of 2 591 Views



If I wanted to hand over the title of our property to my ex-husband how do I go about doing this please? 

0 Kudos

Re: Home transfer

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 588 Views

Hi @renee77, if there is currently a home loan on the property, he would need to have the loan refinanced into just his name. If the house is mortgage free, with the title still held by the bank both parties to the property would need to give us a call to discuss what documents we require, or alternatively visit a Bankwest branch. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.