Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Halo sizing was wrong.

Posted by kakariki kakariki
Message 1 of 9 1,379 Views

Just received my Halo ring and it's too big to wear. Smiley Sad I sized it based on the minimum size that would fit over my knuckle, but the ceramic surface is so slippery that it slips off my finger constantly; so it's too dangerous for me to wear in case I lose it. I'm also not keen to order a second one because I now have no idea how much smaller I need to go for it to fit properly...

Just an FYI for new users. Find out your actual ring size before ordering, as I'm not sure the sizing kit is useful.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Halo sizing was wrong.

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 9 1,376 Views

Hi @kakariki, I'm sorry to hear this. We really want to ensure that you're comfortable with the fit of your Halo Payment ring - if you could please send me your full name and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au - I'll set up a call for you to discuss this further and how we can get this sorted for you. Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

SOLUTION

Posted by kakariki kakariki
Message 3 of 9 1,307 Views

Bankwest contacted me to discuss the issues I had and refunded the payment for the ring. It'd be good if they had some dummy rings at the branches to try them on first, I might have another look at this tech at some point in the future.

For others looking to buy one, I think the main point is if you have larger knuckles like me, don't size it to what will fit over the knuckle, size it to your finger. As the ceramic is slippery, you've got less of a chance of it getting stuck than a metal ring.

Thanks to Bankwest for taking the time to listen!

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 9 1,305 Views

I'm glad that we were able to find a resolution for you @kakariki, and I have passed on your feedback with relation to the "dummy rings". Appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us, have a great evening.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by blinktom blinktom
Message 5 of 9 904 Views

That's the same thing which happened to me. The ring is huge and just slides off too easily. I am going to ring them for a refund on the fee also if they offered you one so I can order a new one. I nearly lost my ring today as it slipped off and fell on the ground and it's only for first week of wearing it. 

0 Kudos

Posted by blinktom blinktom
Message 6 of 9 896 Views

Can someone please contact me about the ring sizing being wrong or is it best for me to ring customer service? 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 9 892 Views

Hi @blinktom, it would be best to give us a call on 13 17 19, or send us a secure message in online banking so we c an look into this for you.

You can access messaging by logging into online banking using a computer and selecting "Message us now". Both of these are available 24/7.

0 Kudos

Posted by mhingerty mhingerty
Message 8 of 9 183 Views

I too am very very dissapointed with the sizing of the ring.  I meticulously followed your instructions and it came back way too big.  A great idea but let down by sloppy execution and I don't think I should be paying for it.  Very, very frustrated by your banks' tardiness on contactless payments.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.