Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

Fingerprint login, latest Android App update

Posted by vergs vergs
Message 1 of 11 1,516 Views

With the latest Android app update that introduced PayID, has disabled my fingerprint login and I am no longer able to enable it! The option is greyed out and says;

'Your device is not eligible for fingerprint login as it either does not have a fingerprint reader or does not support the secure storage of your credentials using your fingerprint'

It was working before this update, what has changed?

The Bankwest app version is 3.5.0

0 Kudos

Re: Fingerprint login, latest Android App update

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 11 1,502 Views

Hi @vergs, thanks for contacting us in regards to this - can I ask if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app at all?

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by vergs vergs
Message 3 of 11 1,499 Views

Yes, unfortunately an uninstall & reinstall produces the same result.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 11 1,485 Views

Thanks @vergs, can I ask you to please log into online banking via a laptop or desktop computer and select "Self service" from the left hand menu and then "manage devices"? Once you have please deregister your devices and log in again from your app - this should reset you app and phone settings and hopefully allow you to set up fingerprint ID. Thanks!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by vergs vergs
Message 5 of 11 1,474 Views

@LyndsC I completed deregistration of my phone in online banking, it was in there twice. I removed both entries and went through the steps on the phone with setting up the PIN login. Then went to the settings on the phone and the fingerprint option was still greyed out.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 11 1,471 Views

Can I ask what phone it is that you are using and what version of your current operating system is installed @vergs?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by vergs vergs
Message 7 of 11 1,470 Views

@LyndsC It is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, running MIUI Global 9.5.4.0, which is based on Android 6.0.1 with Android security patch level 2018-03-01

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 8 of 11 1,428 Views

Thanks @vergs, I've sent this to our Mobile Team to look into. I will let you know when I have some more information.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.