Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

False overdraft??

Posted by Anesu Anesu
Message 1 of 4 353 Views

I had $16 in my account. Then i used $10. Now i have an overdraft of $16 in my account. & it's not any extra fees because i saw the almost $2 eftpos fee. There is only trasnaction records for the removal of about $12. And i checked my account as soon as i used my card and there was $3. Why 15 hours later does it suddenly change & leave me with a $16 overdraft that was never recorded? All the transaction records add up to saying there should be $3 in my account.

0 Kudos

Re: False overdraft??

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 353 Views

Hi @Anesu, via the Forum I am unable to view your accounts to see what has happened, however you if you call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time, this can certainly be looked into. Alternatively, you can log into your Online Banking and select the "Chat Now" button on your screen between 7am - 6pm AWST Monday - Friday for further assistance. I hope this helps :-)

0 Kudos

Posted by Redjo1972 Redjo1972
Message 3 of 4 266 Views

I no were your comn from my account get overdraw becesr some international Conglomerate decided to take some $ out my account when there wasn't enough there now I can't do that or get my m8 to do it so y can some international mob do it 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 263 Views

Hi @Redjo1972, as we're unable to access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, I'm unable to see what's happened here. It sounds like you may be referring to a direct debit. If a debit was taken without having sufficient funds to cover it, you will be given until 12.45 AWST the next business day to deposit the funds, if the funds are not credited the transaction would be dishonoured and a $10 dishonour fee would apply.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.