Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Email Address and Pay ID

Posted by Sandecker Sandecker
Message 1 of 7 1,377 Views

Hi There

I can see the Pay ID is coming.  From the material I have seen online it looks like email addresses or mobile numbers can be used for Pay ID but the announcement from BankWest seems to be focusing on the mobile number only.  Is this just an example and you will be supporting email addresses as well?

Reason I ask is that my email address will never change but my mobile number may do.

regards

0 Kudos

Re: Email Address and Pay ID

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 7 1,334 Views

Hi @Sandecker, at this stage we will be launching only mobile numbers, although if this does change we will make sure to let our customers know. Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Sandecker Sandecker
Message 3 of 7 1,263 Views

Thank you for the reply.  I look forward to keeping an eye out for when this limitation of Bankwest's implementation of PayID is resolved.

regards

0 Kudos

Posted by bresque bresque
Message 4 of 7 1,173 Views

The limitation to mobile number is actually a really bad limitation. I have many bank accounts and several email addresses for business and personal, but only one mobile number. This means I can only use payID with Bankwest if i am not already using my mobile number elsewhere. Commbank has the same limitation.

PayID and the new payments system is a LONG overdue development. Sucks that it is only partly implemented.

Another reason I am seriously considering moving away from both commbank and bankwest. I can get better service elsewhere.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 7 1,167 Views

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this @bresque, we are very excited about Pay ID and once it is implemented it is something we will continue to work on and improve. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to our Pay ID team.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
OJB

Posted by OJB OJB
Message 6 of 7 830 Views

Does Bankwest allow me to pay someone’s Pay ID email?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 7 823 Views

Hi @OJB, at this stage you do require an Australian mobile number to register to receive payments to a Bankwest account. In the coming months we will be launching the second stage of Pay ID which will allow you to make payments. Once the details of this are launch are available we will let customers know.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.