Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Easy Alerts not working

Posted by cunninghamg cunninghamg
Message 1 of 14 791 Views

3.6.0 on iOS is not working for me. I have iOS 11.3.1 installed. 

The set up of Easy Alerts toggle provides a message to enable notifications on the app setting. The notifications are set correctly but the Easy Alert toggles back to "off".

Easy Alerts are invaluable. They saved me last week when a bartender left my card in the EFTPOS Machine and rang up other peoples purchases. Hope you can fix this soon.

0 Kudos

Re: Easy Alerts not working

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 14 789 Views

Hi @cunninghamg, Can I ask if you have changed phones recently at all? Generally it can help to uninstall the app and then log into online banking from a desktop/laptop and select "Self service" from the left hand menu, and then "Manage devices". From here you can see how many devices are listed and remove any phones listed - once this is done if you reinstall the app and set up Easy Alerts you shouldn't have this issue any longer.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 14 786 Views

Hi @LyndsC thanks for the follow-up. I have followed this process. I don't have a new phone and have not added the app to any other devices. I uninstalled the app, removed devices from Self-Service, re-installed, re-started the phone, power-cycled it and registered the app (with SMS code). I have done this a few times in varying order. I have also accepted the "do you want to receive notifications" message

The easy alert toggles back to being switched off. Same result :-( I have an iPhone 6s (IOS 11.3.1)

Any ideas from here?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 14 785 Views

Thanks - I have spoken with our Mobile team and they are looking into this to ensure this is resolved in our next app release.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Message 5 of 14 783 Views

Thanks @LyndsC - I will look out for the update

Cheers

0 Kudos
RF

Posted by RF RF
Message 6 of 14 778 Views

Thanks @LyndsC I also removed any devices and retried registering for Easy Alerts but I also have the same problem with App 3.6.0 with IOS 11.3.1

0 Kudos

Posted by lozzah lozzah
Message 7 of 14 659 Views

I am having the exact same issue.
I setup easy alerts on my old Bankwest app but unfortunately I did not get any alerts.
After speaking to yourselves I deleted the old app & downloaded & installed the new app from the App Store (version 3.6.0)
I recieved the text etc & am trying to setup the new app to allow push notification, which then takes me to settings. All notification settings are on in the BW app but when I try to allow easy alerts it takes me back to Push Notifications Disabled, you need to allow BW Push Notifications in order to recieve easy alerts. Open settings>
This is a continual loop Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by lozzah lozzah
Message 8 of 14 658 Views

PS, I am also on Apple IOS 11.3.1 (Apple iPhone SE) and have called your tech support who could not help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.