Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Credit card notification

Posted by marilynm marilynm
Message 1 of 4 56 Views

I see you have some questions from July, about notifying customers with credit car payment reminders. I am still frustrated by this. I went paperless and had overdue charges, then reverted to paper and toloally missed Oct because the paper statement wasnt issued and no notifications received about late payment. Now it has $82 charges. Why cant you send a notification for due payments? . 

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Credit card notification

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 55 Views

Hi @marilynm, I'm sorry you feel this way.

The statement sent at the end of the 30 day spend period is notification of your due date, which falls either 14/25 days later (depending on your product type). When you are registered for eStatements, an email is sent to advise you that a statement has been issued.

Whilst no further email or SMS reminders are sent, the due date is also visible in your Online Banking, and on the Bankwest App. This information can be found by selecting the account number, and clicking on the 'More Information' hyperlink on a PC, or by clicking the 'i' in the top left corner of the transaction listing page via the Mobile App.

If you use the Bankwest Mobile App, you are also able to create a Payment Reminder, using the "Easy Alert" option. This will send a Push Notification to your phone 3 days prior to the due date, if at least the minimum repayment amount has not yet been received. To set this up, please select "Easy Alerts > Customise Easy Alerts > Credit Card Payment Due".

It sounds like the de-registration of eStatements was requested after the October Statement had already issued, which means that the next paper statement would not be sent for another 30 days after then. If not, it's best to confirm your address is correct, by calling our Contact Centre on 13 17 19, or by selecting the "Message us Now" button within your Online Banking. For security reasons we aren't able to view or provide any personal information via the Forum, but if you would like to discuss these fees and why they were charged further, you can do so with a consultant via either of the above methods.

Thank you.

Posted by marilynm marilynm
Message 3 of 4 53 Views

I set up Easy Alert about 3 months ago and it has never sent me an alert about my credit card.

Thank you for the information. I will phone,

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 33 Views

A consultant will be able to look into why you may not be receiving alerts about your Credit Card @marilynm. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.