Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Senior Contributor

Copy account details function

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 1 of 7 3,024 Views

Within the iOS Bankwest mobile app, you can copy account details by holding your finger on the relevant account within the Accounts section.  It's an awesome function!

However, when pasting the copied details into a message or email I have noticed it doesn't paste my full account name. A letter is missing from one of my middle names.

Including spaces my full name would be 30 characters, it is only coping over 29 characters.

Is there a character limit on this function?

0 Kudos

Re: Copy account details function

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 7 3,019 Views

Thanks for your question @cgm!

@JustinJ have you come accross this before? And any idea why this may be happening?

Mobile App Team

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 3 of 7 3,015 Views

That's interesting @cgm, I haven't come across this before!

There are no character limits within the app for that, so it might be best to give a call to 13 17 19 so we can look into this further and check this against the details we have on file.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 4 of 7 3,013 Views

I've just spoken with an operator on 13 17 19 @JustinJ. The operator advised my details are correct on file.

The operator advised it may have the same character limit as when you enter in the account name on online banking. The solution I was offered was to just manually add the missing letter in the message or email.  It wasn't a very helpful interaction with 13 17 19.

Mobile App Team

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 5 of 7 3,008 Views

Thank you for letting us know the outcome, @cgm

Whilst we don't have a limit on that text in the app, we share a lot of details with online banking and so a limit there would affect the name as we receive it.

Sorry we can't do anything for it right now, but I can use this lead to look into this further. The call may have been more helpful than you first think.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 7 3,006 Views

I'm sorry to hear this @cgm, I'll pass this feedback onto our Contact Centre to be addressed. Thanks!

Senior Contributor

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 7 of 7 2,987 Views

Thanks @JustinJ and @LyndsC!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.